New to skin pls help
Hey everyone,

I need your help as I am new on this. I want to modifiy to create my own skin and background which I already have my own background, but I don't know where to start with.

Do I need to download the skin I actually like before modifiy it?

And do I also need to download the xbmc software before I can take further tests for the skin?

Thanks in advance
Yes. If you've already installed the skin on your XBMC system, you have access to the skin files.
Yes. How are you going to test an XBMC skin without XBMC running on your system?
thanks for your advise. I have installed xbmc, but I want to know where I need to download the skin files to allow me to modifiy it and which files location that I should put the skin files?

And I also wonder if you do know that if xbmc does allow me to set up my own epg especially the full tv guide and the mini tv guide?

If I have any problem, can I pm you?

cheers!
@artrafael: Please aswer my questions i'm still waiting for your answers.
In XBMC, go to addons, install a skin.

Assuming you run Windows go to:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Find the name of the skin you want to change. Copy the folder. Change the name of the folder. Open the folder.

Install a good XML editor like Notepad++ (is free). Now open addon.xml in the new skin folder. Change the version number to something high so it doesn't get updated erasing your changes. Also change the name there to match what you named the folder.

Open XBMC and see is you now have a "new" skin.

Continue reading here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ing_Manual
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2013-10-31, 21:32)chris0147 Wrote: thanks for your advise. I have installed xbmc, but I want to know where I need to download the skin files to allow me to modifiy it and which files location that I should put the skin files?
Answered above by MassIV. See the beauty of posing your questions on the forums? They can get answered by any forum member who happens to see it rather than having to wait for one person to reply when you try to get support via PM (see ADVICE section of forum rules (wiki)). To date, you've received links from three different individuals to on-line resources on XBMC skinning. Read them so you at least know the basics and gain an appreciation for the massive scope and complexity of developing a skin. Start off with baby-steps by digging through the code of an existing skin (you now know where to look), making minor modifications and seeing the results. You learn best by doing rather than having everything spoon-fed to you.
Quote:If I have any problem, can I pm you?
I routinely ignore and delete requests for private support via PM (again, refer to forum rules (wiki)). Support is provided here on the forums. Also, you were previously told not to PM Team Members ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1533826 ), yet you ignored that warning and spammed me with PMs anyway and even though I had not given you my consent to do so. Please cease and desist or you risk another ban.
I went on: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

The folder for the addons is empty. What I need to do?
Use your OS search function and look for skin.* folders. For example, if the skin you installed is transparency, then search for skin.transparency folder.
I have searched and there are no skin folder, so what i need to do now?
What folders to you see in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\

(make sure to use the actual name of your computer instead of USERNAME)
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
I found it, i have to install the skin first before it will be located in that folder.

cheers for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to skin pls help0