No channel icons on frontends
I am don't know if this is a bug on the backend or frontend. I have MythTV 0.27 on the backend and Frodo with cmyth 1.6.12 on the frontends. The frontends are running OpenELEC. On the Myth backend I downloaded all the icons for my channels. Since the upgrade to 0.27 they no longer come down to the frontends when Live TV is configured. I am pretty sure this was working on 0.26. After digging around I found that all the jpg files for the icons came down to /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels as 0 byte files. If I copy the channels folder from the backend to the frontend cache folder, the icons get displayed correctly. I repro'd the same issue on the latest Gotham monthly build running on Windows.
I see the same behavior you described with cmyth 1.8.12 and 1.8.13 on Raspbmc (frodo) and on XBMC (x64, gotham) with a 0.27 backend. mythfrontend 0.27 picks up the icons no problem, so this is definitely cmyth-specific. You are correct that this was not a problem in 0.26. In fact, icons that cmyth downloaded from my 0.26 backend before I upgraded it are still visible. New icons from 0.27 are created as 0B files, as you observed, and can be fixed by manually replacing them with the correct files.

One thing I noticed in the backend channel setup is that 0.27 uses relative pathnames for the channel icon location, where in 0.26 I'm pretty sure it used the absolute path name. i.e. in 0.26 maybe an icon was specified as '/home/myth/.mythtv/channels/icon.jpg' where in 0.27 it's just 'icon.jpg'.
I too am experiencing the same issue with Gotham on Android and 0.27 back end.
Currently i am working to resolve this issue. Since 0.27 a new storage group exists to store icon.

Regards
fixed with PR https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues/161
(2013-12-15, 01:49)janbar Wrote: fixed with PR https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues/161

Cool, well done, thank you.

How would I implement this fix on Android? Thanks.
(2013-12-15, 01:49)janbar Wrote: fixed with PR https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues/161

Thank you!
Well, this is what I get with myth .27 backend and myth plugin v1.9.14 - a bunch of these for every channel:
Code:
02:18:36  90.029930 T:3057005360   ERROR: COMXImageFile::ReadFile /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels/cbc_tv_ca.jpg m_image_size zero
02:18:36  90.033966 T:3057005360  NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels/cbc_tv_ca.jpg
In fact, the /cache/channels directory does contain files for each channel, named the same as the files in the myth backend's channel directory, but the files are all empty (0 bytes)
I can confirm allan87's issue but i don't get these lines in the log. I only noticed that if the channels icons are missing in the plugins cache directory, empty files are created during startup.
I may have configured something for additional logging. You can still look in /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels/ and see if the jpg files in there are also empty (0 bytes).

This directory also shows up under SMC filesharing as userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels/
i only enabled debug logging. Lines look like this:

21:05:39 T:11804 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: FileOps:Tonguerocess Failed to read file: local: ....\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\pvr.mythtv.cmyth\cache\channels\ses_group.jpg, remote: ses_group.jpg, type: ChannelIcons

And yes the (new) files are empty (0 bytes). New files are channel icons which changes since i used mythtv 0.26. Well as far as i remember.
No icons being pulled in on my ubuntu 12.04 LTS/MythTV .27 + fixes/XBMC Beta setup.

Debug Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=151416
Just wondering if everybody else is having the same issue? It's not fixed as of BETA 3. Not sure if the latest PVR frontends are even being pulled into those builds (nightly)?

Thanks
I have the issue on mythtv .27 and Gotham (officially relase on Win7)!

XMBC fronend 1.9.16!
Mythbunto 14.04
I also have the same issue. Mythbunu 14.04, Myth .27, XBMC Gotham on Win7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No channel icons on frontends0