No channel icons on frontends
Update, got logos on win7 + gotham 13.0, but not the other machine (win7 + Gotham 13.1 now also tested 13.0 and some margos PVR builds), both connecting to same machine w. mythbuntu 14.04! So anyone knowa what to check for?
Hey Guys,

i played a bit around and had a look into the mysql database (SELECT *
FROM `channel`
WHERE `channel`.`icon` != ''
ORDER BY `channel`.`icon` ASC
LIMIT 0 , 30). what i noticed was, as of version 0.27 mythtv stores only the filename in the database, older versions store the complete path. I edited one entry and tada, the icon is shown in xbmc (a local installation on the myth-server + an installation on windows 7 and tomorrow i'll try with pi).

But currently i have no idea how to fix, manually updating the database isn't a properly solution for future.
Hi all,

It could be a an issue from your configuration:
Try this url with your backend: http://hostname:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=1001 , specifying an existing chan ID.

If you haven't response with the icon, then you have to reconfigure your channels using Myth setup.
Migrating from 0.26 to 0.27 breaks the icon urls. Since 0.27 the icon path field (in DB) cannot use full path:

/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/cinaps.jpg is bad
cinaps.jpg is good

Since and after 0.27 all channel icons are stored in a dedicated folder. So
it requires to setup channel icons again.

Regards

EDIT: Also delete all icons files with size 0 in the addon data folder:
Linux = ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/cache/channels/
OSX = ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/cache/channels/
Hi again,

maybe i found a solution.
Try the following. First find the directory in which the channel icons are stored on your backend, usually this should be /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels.

Start your Backend-Setup and create a new Storagegroup called ChannelIcons and enter the path with the icons.

Delete all downloaded Icons on the client.

EDIT:
After that the link http://hostname:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=1001 is working. Please note that NOW only the filename should be stored in the Database. Also Mythtv downloads only Icons from Channels which are "activated/visible" other ChanIDs won't work.
I think the reason that the full path is no longer stored is that the full path is not required or wanted when using storage groups. In fact that's one of the reasons for SGs. Good spotting though, I will set this up on my backend and test.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-28, 13:09)Bitboy Wrote: Try the following. First find the directory in which the channel icons are stored on your backend, usually this should be /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels.

Start your Backend-Setup and create a new Storagegroup called ChannelIcons and enter the path with the icons.

Delete all downloaded Icons on the client.
thanks so much. This worked perfectly, fixing the problem on both xbmc and mythweb.
I had the same problem after I upgraded to Gotham 13.2 and MythTV ,27. Here is step by step way I SOLVED it.

In MythTV backend use Filezilla to SFTP into directory:

/home/[userid]/.mythtv/channels

Where [userid] is the user that set up the backend.

Upload all the icons (should be 132x99) to the above directory. Easiest way to find icons of this size is to use Google image search and using “search tools” set size to “Exactly” 132 by 99. Select the icon with right mouse click, then “save image as” and type an appropriate name. These images will be all png type. Save it to a local directory, then upload to the above directory.

Using MythTV backend setup, create a new Storagegroup called ChannelIcons and enter the above path with the icons.

Use Channel editor in MythTV backend setup to change each channel icon to the icon you saved. Don’t include path. Just use the file name.

Logoff and shut down the MythTV computer (cold boot).

Use Filezilla to SFTP into your XBMCbuntu frontend computer running latest cmyth. Change to the directory:

/home/[userid]/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels

Where [user name] is the user that set up xbmcbuntu.

DELETE all the channel icon files in the cache/channels directory.

Power off the XBMCbuntu computer and then turn it on (cold boot).

All your icons will appear in EPG and channel pages.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No channel icons on frontends0