Crash Ubuntu 12.04 lts / Eden xbmc
Bug 
Hi There.-

Anyone friendly with insight in programming/coding have 3 minutes to look at my crashlog from XBMC?

The problem is, that when i go to Music/files, xbmc just crashes and shuts down. I have tried a new installation, but its not solving the problem.

LOG:

Hope someone knows what to do..
No one is gonna help you with Eden issues.
And no one is going to like that your posting logs inline, use a pastebin and remove that nonsense, I was scrolling for two hours just to post this.

And Upgrade to Frodo at least, read the wiki on how to upgrade.
Sorry if i wasted your time uNiversal. I will remove the log.

Thank you for the advice, Im going for Frodo! -
Rainbow 
I had succes in upgrading from "eden" to "frodo"! Laugh

I still have the issue.- it's crashing. Its like it cant find some files.- I wonder if some libraries are missing or broken. Also Frodo seems more laggy when streaming tv and accessing the menus. Huh

Im still learning how to work with linux, so maybe i did something wrong when upgrading. I just copy / pasted the commands into the terminal, and it didn't work first time. Confused

Sometimes i just feel it would be easier to buy windows..- but im also tired with microsoft.

Anyone can answer me what version of Linux is best for xbmc? is it 12.04 LTS or 13.10?
I'd go with 13.10, and I'd do a clean install and go directly to Frodo instead of upgrading from Eden if that's a possibility for you. In either case you'll need to post debug and crash logs, otherwise we're all just guessing.
The slowness is the art getting re-cached this could take up to a few week depending on size of library You could look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373 and speed it up. The databases were upgraded and kept old versions and there were many changes from Eden to Frodo in way art is handled so dont expect miracles.

As for crashes install gdb

Code:
sudo apt-get install gdb
and use a pastebin to post the resulting crashlogs. Worth would be to remove say any asound.conf or .asoundrc which is likely causing them since Frodo is quite sensitive to audio configs.
Thank you for the reply!

negge: Ill be considering upgrading to 13.10, if everything else will fail- That means a fresh install of my system, but i will try a few things before doing that. - It could be the only option here.

uNiversal: The terminal told me that the newest version of gdb was already installed. About the art creating lag in the performance.- I only have copies of 5 cds on my drive.- I linked to my nas storage in the eden version, wich contains maybe 100 songs, 20 movies and maybe 500 pictures from my camera. The nas has been powered of for 3 month now, so im not sure if xbmc will look for these files?

Here is the latest log: http://pastebin.com/S1ps2BUU

Thank you again for taking your time to help me out.
get rid of xbmcswift2 and other questionable addons.
best is to start with a clean userdata folder.
mv ~/.xbmc ~/.xbmc.bak
Thank you wsnipex.- !

you saved my day!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash Ubuntu 12.04 lts / Eden xbmc0