Cannot connect to home network
I can't seem to add my home PC as a source. I've installed the latest official stable XBMC on my android device (samsung S3). I followed the tutorial for enabling sharing for my windows 7 PC (disabled workgroup and manually shared a folder with permissions granted to everyone on the network), I've connected my android device to the wireless network and can ping it from my PC, my PC firewall is turned off.

When I add source, no computer are listed under SMB:\\.

No worries, I just type in the computer name manually....."connection timed out"

OK, I try just adding it by SMB:\\"IP-Address"\Folder......"Path not found or invalid" "Could not retrieve the directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected"

I'm sure this is something simple, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. I've tried connecting to my PC Using SMBand on my android device and I can successfully connect to my PC, so the SMB service is running correctly. Any help appreciated.
You need to turn on Private Network for the XBMC application in your Windows Firewall settings.
Windows share is with "everyone" and not "anyone" try providing credentials smb://user:pass@"IP-Address"/Folder...... where user:pass is someone that can login to the pc ( note forward slashes, not backslashes)
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-11-02, 18:11)spinnaker Wrote: You need to turn on Private Network for the XBMC application in your Windows Firewall settings.

BTW. I had my firewall turned off too and still had a similar issue till I enabled private network.
Do you you solve this problem? I have similar. Firewall off, everyone has access without login and password from other PC. But from android get "connection timeout". In the file manager I have access to files.

Windows 7 64-bit
(2014-02-16, 13:33)Regss Wrote: Do you you solve this problem? I have similar. Firewall off, everyone has access without login and password from other PC. But from android get "connection timeout". In the file manager I have access to files.

Windows 7 64-bit

See my post above yours.
I added SMB share with IP address omitting host name and it's works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot connect to home network0