Bug XBMC constantly crashing with TVHeadend as backend
Hello,
i am using XBMC -Gotham and tried TVHeadend 3.4 and also git builds of 3.5. As xbmc addon i used the pvr-addons from opdenkamp's git.

while xbmc is working fine together with vdr (vnsi addon) it crashes in 7 of 10 cases when i change or activate a channel with tvheadend as backend.

sometimes it even crashes on xbmc start, it seems when it initializes pvr.

now i just repeated all my tests again, starting from scratch and the strange thing is that i couldn't reproduce the crash on sd channels but instead it crashed 95% of the time on hd channels. yesterday it sometimes worked on hd channels and crashed in 7 out of 10 times no matter if sd or hd.

here is log with debug mode enabled:
http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=ESrRkwZM

p.s. hd channels and everything else works perfectly with vdr and vnsi addon. i assume there is a bug with the tvheadend addon here.
Hello, I do have similar issue. For me XBMC is working fine with tvheadend pvr backend but it completelly freezes on show end. For example while watching a channel and the current show is about to finish and the new one is about to be started video stops playing and XBMC stops responding to events I can't use it with the mouse nor keyboard.
as no one seemed to have soemthing to say to my issue i went back to vdr which works fine for me.

i always tried tvheadend from time to time due to its pretier web interface and the feature for configuring and setting it up via web, but it always was unstable or broken in one way or the other for me.
tvh 3.9 works for me, sometimes it crash but i don't know if it's related to tvheadend plugin or the whole rom of my tv-stick. I'm trying to compile latest tvh plugin for android....
The link to your debug log doesn't work, could you upload a new one?

Just realized OP is pretty old, guess that's why the link is dead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC constantly crashing with TVHeadend as backend0