How to update thumbnails of library?
Hi sometimes the addon I get my TV shows from would have episodes up that the thetvdb.com does not have a thumbnail for. Thus on my main screen when I scroll to TV Shows it would show an empty art for that episode. Today I checked thetvdb website and they had a new art for an episode, however on my XBMC the thumbnail still shows nothing. I have updated the library and still it doesn't work. How would we update the thumbnail art?
Info|refresh or info|select artwork
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-03, 00:17)nickr Wrote: Info|refresh or info|select artwork

Thanks for your input. However, is there a way for XBMC to do this automatically after each startup instead of refreshing it manually?
If rescraping your library doesn't fix it then no I am not sure how else you would do it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
According to this, it seems as though XBMC only adds new videos to the list, not download new artworks.

Here is the post: Note: XBMC only scans each video once for information. The next time you update it will only add new videos, but won't download new art/summaries/etc for existing videos.

I sometimes have empty artworks for an episode that is updated once the show goes live. Is there a solution to have XBMC download the artwork for empty shows over again after it has been added?
You need to refresh the information for the episode and then you'll get to choose the new art. Reason is the source art URLs are stored in the database. There's a pull request helping to solve this, but it may not be complete in time for Gotham. PR3546
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Such a shame, XBMC would be perfect with it as it doesn't look good with empty thumbnail artworks above the "TV Shows" tab. I know manually refreshing each episode solves this problem but it isn't a feasible solution since the user would need to know when the episode was released/updated in order to update the artwork.
What? It's a shame that this is being worked on?
Not what I meant; I meant it was a shame that it wouldn't be present in the upcoming update.
All you need to do is refresh the episode. It's not that much of an inconvenience.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-11-03, 06:33)jmarshall Wrote: All you need to do is refresh the episode. It's not that much of an inconvenience.

I just wanted to say thank you for input thus far. I know its not much of an inconvenience refreshing the episode but the problem lies in the fact that the I don't know if the site had updated an art or info. Thus checking manually could be tedious.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to update thumbnails of library?0