xbmc/htpc newbie, open to suggestions
Good to know about the fire tv. The reason I brought this to the xbmc forums is because, since I'm using WMC on my PC, I figured there might be some native interface between it and an xbmc client. But I might be wrong, I really don't have any experience with this and am trying to figure it out before I buy all the pieces. But I know that once you plug the HD Homerun into the network, you can watch and control it in WMC. I know that xbmc is not the exact same thing as using the Xbox as an extender, but it is descended from that (unless I'm wrong). My hope is that what you see in WMC is what you get in xbmc. And if so, maybe there is a better option than the roku to run the client.
Xbmc has a pvr addon for wmc recordings. Not if they are encrypted though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I can currently play recordings via plex, no problem. The functionality I'm looking for is live TV streaming from a digital OTA tuner, like the HD Homerun (Plus or Dual). The way it has been set up to work on the Roku is a python tool (ply) is used to transcode the output from the HD Homerun (which is, I think, an H.264 format in a .ts container) into something the Roku can read. Then there is a private Roku channel that will display that stream along with metadata and schedule info from Zap2it. It seems to "work," but I feel like, since it already "works" on the PC running WMC, there has to be an easier way to get it from PC to TV over the network without duplicating all of the transcoding/guide functionality.
Sorry I should have been clearer, the pvr addon does both livetv and recordings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-25, 03:35)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 03:29)kphammond9 Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 00:59)nickr Wrote: Amazon firetv $100

That was one option I was considering, but I'm not sure if it will allow me to control WMC or stream live TV from the HD Homerun.

Actually I was just reading that firetv isn't good on deinterlacing so I withdraw that recommendation.

I have sworn that I've seen MULTIPLE times in the thread that it does do deinterlacing for live TV. It was stated through the thread multiple times.

Unless I just misunderstood those posts completely in that htread though.
But this is why I'm waiting on the FireTV for a couple months until it's more mature.
(2014-04-25, 20:34)tential Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 03:35)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 03:29)kphammond9 Wrote: That was one option I was considering, but I'm not sure if it will allow me to control WMC or stream live TV from the HD Homerun.

Actually I was just reading that firetv isn't good on deinterlacing so I withdraw that recommendation.

I have sworn that I've seen MULTIPLE times in the thread that it does do deinterlacing for live TV. It was stated through the thread multiple times.

But this is why I'm waiting on the FireTV for a couple months until it's more mature.

I was looking around this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1691226
(2014-04-25, 22:46)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 20:34)tential Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 03:35)nickr Wrote: Actually I was just reading that firetv isn't good on deinterlacing so I withdraw that recommendation.

I was looking around this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1691226
Odd. I saw that people had Live TV Streaming to their FireTV already working at around page 50.
It's so hard to figure out what is actually working since some people claim to have things working and others claim it doesn't work. And on top of that you have the user error and tons of builds being currently used.
Indeed.
I looked for it though, can't find it anymore so maybe I imagined it or they edited it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc/htpc newbie, open to suggestions0