Lirc (with devinput) and Harmony 880.
I am having a hard time getting XBMC to wort on my HTPC setup. I have a cheapo USB IR Receiver that when connected is detected by linux as a HID device (mouse and keyboard). No /dev/lirc0 shows up when it is connected.

The IR receiver came with a remote control that works as expected except it was designed to be used in Windows and, due to that, it has keys that send multiple scancodes (for example, ALT + F4 for akey labbeled "Close").

I managed to get my Harmony remote to work with it by using the Chinavasion CVSB-983 (BTW, i found it by pure chance. I saw a picture of this remote plus its receiver and noticed that the receiver looked exactly like mine).

The problem I am still seeing is that this profile too sends multiple scancodes for some keys and I would prefer it not to.

So my question is: Are you guys aware of any harmony profile that works with a IR receiver that uses Lirc devinput and that, preferably, will have all scancodes as if it was a keyboard? Failing that, at least one that would have reasonable mappings to all Harmony 880 buttons and that would not send multiple keys for a single remote key?

Thanks in advance.
I use a FLIRC with my Harmony remotes....Highly recommend it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lirc (with devinput) and Harmony 880.0