Linux Streaming files failing somewhere - help with logs?
I posted this in the Linux section even though I run XBMC on windows as I think the problem lies on my Ubuntu Server.

Code:
19:36:42 T:2648 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
19:41:11 T:4740 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
19:53:07 T:2648 WARNING: Previous line repeats 6 times.
19:53:07 T:2648 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
19:55:54 T:4740 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
19:55:56 T:2648 WARNING: Previous line repeats 3 times.
19:55:56 T:2648 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
19:56:29 T:4740 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
19:56:30 T:2648 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:56:30 T:2648 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

This is the error from xbmc. This was while watching a movie. Same video file on a USB in the host has no problem. Some videos have so many errors that the player gives up and it goes back to the menu. So I have a Ubuntu server running Ubuntu 13.10. Data is stored on a 4 disk LVM volume. Served to xbmc through nfs. Nothing fancy. the LVM only serves to merge the storage space of the 4 disks. NFS is a open share of the directory. I dont know how to get logs for the LVM or NFS. I cant seem to find an answer. I was hoping someone here knew how to activate and retrieve these logs. Also, both the server and the host are connected through a gigabit ethernet, direct connect through a unmanaged switch.
On your server the logs are in /var/log. Also the output of dmesg should give any clues about disk or network hardware.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Theres nothing in dmesg (nothing abnormal that it) and there is no log for the NFS or LVM. I think NFS requires you to turn logging on, I think its disabled by default but I can not find out how. LVM I have no idea.
Please post a full Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://pastebin.com/w189ipqN

I posted a few days worth since it is so sporadic. I really dont think it is XBMC.
Make a backup of your profile, install a Alpha9 or Alpha10 build of gotham and play with the new readbufferfactor setting, if it is a network issue, that could help.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I think it might be a error with one of the physical drives. THats why I need to find the NFS log.
Problems with physical drives generally show up in dmesg.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nope, nothing in dmseg no errors that is, but on the console there is a ata error that was coming up ocasionally. I have not seen it reciently but it was about the time this started happening. Smart tests on the drive pass but it shows quite a few bad sectors
If it is showing bad sectors replace it. Mount it read only now and copy the data to another drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming files failing somewhere - help with logs?0