Javelin's Automated XBMC House - Updated 5/17/2014 - Front Lounge Preview

Javlin Offline
Brick  Javelin's Automated XBMC House - Updated 5/17/2014 - Front Lounge Preview

Been going at it for maybe 2 years now. Started with 56k Dial-up trying to get South park episodes... now 10-20gb Blue-ray rips on Usenet.

0GB Free of 6.36 Terabytes, New Western Digital 4Tb one day...

Movies - 676 Watched - 365

TV Shows - 129 Episodes 6229

Documentary and Cartoons not included so would be pushing it even further.
Looking to expand to 3D movies soon with my new Epson 9100 Projector setup.

The little beast that run's 24/7 in my converted linen closet to Streamlined server room.

N40L with Bios mod
2x3TB WD Red's
1TB old seagate external ripped from enclosure =)
320GB WD, old for testing new OS's

6450 ATI 1GB Graphics Card
USB 3.0 Card
120GB SSD

Running
XBMC GOTHAM Monthly's, Blue Iris, Box Sync, Utorrent, Sabnzdb, Couch Potato's, Sickbeard and Logitech Media Server.

Ouya Needs CEC =(
360 Wireless Controller
K400r Logitech Keyboard (Best Keyboard hands down)
Raspmc

Samsung Note 10.1 Runs widgets with Imperihome, Yatse, Automation HD, Orange Squeeze, Squeeze Player ( For my automated music for alarm and arriving/leaving home. Also plays doorbell and the Garbage Man Can by Homer Simpson when the bins need to go out)

Yamaha 675 Receiver - 7.2 Has second zone with outdoor speakers used for backyard patio behind projector.

All my setup is HDMI-CEC compatible so when I press HTPC on Automation HD on my phone WOL packet sent to I5 NUC>CEC Adapter > Receiver > Projector Up and running in 30 Seconds =) will integrate NFC Tag's for different "scenes"

Used the Vera plugin to sync bedroom light with XBMC to turn off when move plays and dim 30% when paused and back to 50% when stopped or ended. Plan on doing this in Theatre room as well after I plan lighting, Mix of wall diffuses or perhaps color changing led lighting depending on which Menu in XBMC I'm on. Think my screen is to large for LightPack now haha =(
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-17 05:09 by Javlin.)
find quote
thethirdnut Offline
Donor
Looking nice. I'm working towards an Epson 6030UB + 100" screen setup as well. Plan to pull the trigger after Xmas.

If I helped out pls give me a +

XBMC1:
i3-540, GT430, Ubuntu 12.04 min + Frodo
-> HT: 58" plasma, Denon 3808CI, Paradigm Studio 60, CC-590, ADP-470, Seismic 12
XBMC2: Atom330, GT240, Ubuntu 12.04 min + Frodo
-> Main: 50" plasma, Rotel RX-1052, B&W 683
Server: 20TB FreeBSD + ZFS
find quote
Javlin Offline
After watching a few movies now I'm falling in love with the definition and picture quality of the projector. Be hard to watch without. Very immersive. Update soon done some framing and painting this weekend.
find quote
protocol77 Offline
Fan
What OS's are you running on server and htpc's?
find quote
Javlin Offline
Windows server 2012. Works well but have not been able to compare to windows 8. May try 8.1 soon.
find quote
Javlin Offline
Primed the MDF and done first coat of painting for the window cover.

Also picked up the Yamaha YHT 599AU package not much of a audiophile but I'm happy =)

Going to try and replicate this theater room I found online. Nice blacks on Front, Rear and Ceiling without making the room feel to cramped and dark during day.

[Image: IMG_20131110_135550.jpg]

[Image: 67.jpg]

[Image: HTScreenShot.jpg]
find quote
TRaSH Online
Fan
nice

Windows 7, 64-bit | XBMC Gotham | Aeon Nox | MONEUAL 320B | Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 661 | Sapphire HD 6570 1GB DDR3
Onkyo TX-SR875 | Teufel System 5 THX Cinema 5.1
HP Microserver N40L WHS 2011 8TB
[Image: all-banner@2x.jpg]
find quote
customx86 Offline
Wow! Very cool
find quote
Javlin Offline
Update.

Front wall, Ceiling and Rear wall flat blacked.
Screen Mounted.

Just a paint touch up with the Sidewalls, then speakers and decor to make the room inviting.

Thinking a few posters, beanbags/cushions, N64 and Snes. Cool

[Image: unmgdMG.jpg]

[Image: Pyuddm8.jpg]
find quote
QueK9 Offline
Donor
Javlin very nice setup!

Makes me want to chronicle my setup too.Smile I have a front screen projector setup too with various other client configuration throughout my house. Here is a suggestion, you might want to add a couple of light boxes, they can be had for cheap on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Movie-Poster-Lig...5d46a98923

I also wired mine to a wireless Kinetic programmable switch.
http://www.enocean-alliance.org/en/produ...ht-switch/
http://www.enocean-alliance.org/en/produ...-receiver/

I have a dilemma that you could probably help me with. I am trying to setup a .strm to view my Blue Iris feed in XBMC. How were you able to capture the video? I think it is the elusive mpeg as the feed is usually retrieve with jpegpull or jpegpush in the url. I had a similar problem when I was running Windows Media Center but I was able to just make a "MCL" app to call up the webpage feed. This is not so easy in XBMC. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
find quote
QueK9 Offline
Donor
Link to my setup...

Que's Setup
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-07 19:28 by QueK9.)
find quote
Javlin Offline
ATM only jpeg snapshot's can be pulled for picture in picture. For doorbells etc, mine atm (untill I get my doorbell switch wired) is running on motion detection in blue iris which just wget to send trigger to xbmc via Vera Lite.

All info can be found it here Id recommend using the plugin towards the end of the thread as there is options to edit it in xbmc. Change size of window or delay etc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1587132

Otherwise a simple cam rtsp stream should give live streaming, can be found with a search on these forums.

Nice posters and signs I hope to get to that level one day. I picked up a signed Lord of the Rings poster off a mate at work, with the whole cast autographs be happy when painting is done so I can hang it.
Have been looking at those light boxes but only available in the states not in Australia very expensive to ship out =S one day perhaps.

Been busy installing new thick skirting and architrave's around room and add 2 10w LED down lights with chrome ring and light defuses all synced with Vera, so at the low dim level I require they barely draw 7 watts to light the room. Very happy with them.

Will update with new pictures when finished.
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-06 13:03 by Javlin.)
find quote
QueK9 Offline
Donor
Thanks I will check it out when I get home. I already have individual streams via mms protocol and .strm files. Will the rtsp protocol offer and additional benefits?
find quote
QueK9 Offline
Donor
(2014-01-06 12:59)Javlin Wrote:  ATM only jpeg snapshot's can be pulled for picture in picture. For doorbells etc, mine atm (untill I get my doorbell switch wired) is running on motion detection in blue iris which just wget to send trigger to xbmc via Vera Lite.

All info can be found it here Id recommend using the plugin towards the end of the thread as there is options to edit it in xbmc. Change size of window or delay etc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1587132

Otherwise a simple cam rtsp stream should give live streaming, can be found with a search on these forums.

Nice posters and signs I hope to get to that level one day. I picked up a signed Lord of the Rings poster off a mate at work, with the whole cast autographs be happy when painting is done so I can hang it.
Have been looking at those light boxes but only available in the states not in Australia very expensive to ship out =S one day perhaps.

Been busy installing new thick skirting and architrave's around room and add 2 10w LED down lights with chrome ring and light defuses all synced with Vera, so at the low dim level I require they barely draw 7 watts to light the room. Very happy with them.

Will update with new pictures when finished.

Btw, I can't wait to see pictures of this.
find quote
zag Online
Team-Kodi Member
QueK9 please start a new thread with your setup.

HTPC - XBMC Gotham, OpenELEC, Harmony Smart Remote, Intel Haswell NUC, 40gb intel SSD, Core i3, 4gb RAM
Storage - 2 x qnap 8tb 419p+ NAS
Display LG 46" LCD + Casio Bulbless projector [PICS]
[Image: widget]
find quote