Analog audio issue
Music 
Hi all

So I've just installed xbmcbuntu 12.2 on an older Intel machine of mine that's using integrated audio. Unfortunately I can't tell you what motherboard this is on, at least not without doing some digging. If that info is required to help, let me know, and I'll find it.

Anyways. Here's the problem. My audio is running over analog, and I'm getting serious distortion all the time. No combination of any audio settings changes anything. However, I only get output when I select "Intel ICH6, IntelICH6 - IEC958 S/PDIF" as my Audio Output Device in the settings. When I change it to "HDMI" I get nothing (for obvious reasons), and same with "Intel ICH6, Intel ICH6".

I've tried searching the forum and nobody seems to have the same specific problem, though I'm new here and I could just be looking in the wrong places. It's also worth noting, I'm new to xbmcbuntu, and only have a bit of experience with Linux, so pretend I don't know a damn thing Wink

Please help! I'm without a media center now!
UPDATE

I've been messing around with alsamixer - changing the levels, muting and unmuting things, etc; none of that is making any difference.

Still browsing around trying to figure this out.
Make a short test with OpenELEC 3.2.3 from USB stick - is that working?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So I've just tried openelec and when it boots, it doesn't seem to be willing to accept any input. I thought maybe it was just that I was using a wireless keyboard/mouse setup but plugging in wired devices didn't help. I used the generic build, I'm going to try the generic oss and see if that helps. I'm also downloading xbmcbuntu 12, maybe an older one will work.

Feel free to throw more ideas in the meantime. I'm willing to try anything at this point.
Ok so oss build has the same issue but just out of curiosity I dug up a ps/2 mouse and that worked (immediately, without reboot, which I've never ever seen before).

Got it running, anyways, and it has the same issues as before. Terrible and distorted audio.
Installed Ubuntu 12.04 and my sound works perfectly. Running xbmc isn't feasible though - it's far too slow to be useful.

So, I don't know if this counts as solved so much as I've just given up for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Analog audio issue0