XBMC slows down massively
Hi

I have a windows i5-2570k media box with frodo and 8TB of local storage. I'll try and make this as simple as possible.
The media box connects to a pioneer amp HTP072 (using hdmi) which goes to the TV. This works fine. The amp accepts DTS-HD etc.

I also have an optical input set of headphones which I have not been able to use since I bought the HTP072 as the HTP072 does not have optical out.

So I have bought a dttech hdmi switcher with optical out to capture the hdmi from the htp072 and then forward this into the TV. When I forward audio or use hdmi pass thru to the dttech box, xbmc runs at about a frame a second. The dttech take dts-hd dolby truhd and other formats. So it should work.

The issue seems to be that when the htp072 is capturing audio then windows reports that the htp072 takes the compressed formats of dts-hd and others. As soon as I forward the audio to the dttech, the compressed formats become empty. I think xbmc does not know what format of sound to send to the amp now. Any ideas how to force xbmc to send dd 5.1 say.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Junpit
If you have not done so already, have a read of the stickied post at the top of the Windows Support area relating to stuttering of video, some of these steps may help you fine tune your settings based on your scenario.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Hi

Thanks for that. I've gone through the sticky and removed the realtek audio drivers and have done some more investigation. When using my modern amp for audio the supported formats shows as expected with dts-hd etc.

When I pass through the sound to the hdmi audio box, the supported formats disappear although it says it support 6 channels. When playing a dts moves using xbmc it freeezes as detailed in the sticky. If I change the system audio options to remove all dts and compressed formats within xbmc, it does not freeze.

I would like to know what's happening here. I think that xbmc is using the supported formats from the sounds driver to work out what it can send and is sending me 6 channel uncompressed pcm. I've got a bit of a problem as I use my amp for watching moves for 7.1 but I also need to be able to pass sound through my amp to my hdmi audio box which send optical data to a turtle beach Xp500 headset. I cant keep going back to the system options everytime I want this to work to change things.

So say I have a DTS-HD soundtrack on my movie. The amp will work quite nicely. If I pass through the sound I want to get XBMC to only send 6 channel PCM.
Isnt there a way to get xbmc to detect what the sound driver support and tailor itself back appropriately.

Thanks

Junpit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC slows down massively0