OS X Retina MacBookPro GUI problems
I use gfxCardStatus and manually switch to discrete card - it helps and start in full color mode.

Any plans to support retina (high resolution) display?
joker ... if i would know what is going wrong i would have already fixed it. But its burried in undocumented apple binaries - so no fix in sight (also i don't own a apple device with 2 GPUs).

It doesn't have to do anything with retina display but with the implicit GPU switch on multi GPU devices.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,

I have the same resolution problem. I have set the resolution to 1900x1200. When I start XBMC I see a zoom of the main page (2nd image, which is a print screen of the entire screen) with this strange aspect (1st image, part of the screen). Then I hit cmd+f twice and everything go back to normal exept the resolution which goes back to 1440x900.
I have a macbook pro retina.

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you

watch gallery
This issue is occurring in Gotham nightly builds as well (at least as at 7 days ago). If I toggle windowed display (I use \ not CMD+F) the effect goes away (YAY!). My resolution is simply set to "best for display".

I was 5 episodes in to the very excellent Bron|Broen before it wound me enough up to google. Issue particularly apparent where graduated light might be expected - dark to light for instance. Basically the image that DAV_ST has posted.
I'm having this issue with the stable Gotham release... The CMD+F solution works well for me but if anyone has come up with a proper solution, I would appreciate it if they could share. Thanks.
Hi everyone,

this issue is still remaining with XBMC v13.1
Only CMD+F twice will solve the problem, but it would be nice if it automatic would work from the first time you start the software....
Hello

I own a macbook pro retina with the "Intel Iris Pro Graphics" and the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M running OSX 10.9.4

When starting Xbmc 13.2 beta2 full screen, it only runs in 16 colors.
Using command+F twice, it the runs in 32 colors.

I have watched the logs in the "Console" from the OSX and only noticed this difference:

Fresh start when it runs in 16 colors:
MBP.local WindowServer[116]: Display 0x04280642: Unit 2: Mode 1440 x 900, CGSSixteenBitColor, Resolution 2, ioModeID 0x7f, ioModeDepth 0x1, IOReturn 0x0

When using command+f the second time (full screen -> windowed -> full screen) :
MBP.local WindowServer[116]: Display 0x04280642: Unit 2: Mode 1440 x 900, CGSThirtytwoBitColor, Resolution 2, ioModeID 0x7f, ioModeDepth 0x2, IOReturn 0x0

Differences are:
CGSSixteenBitColor and CGSThirtytwoBitColor
ioModeDepth 0x1 and ioModeDepth 0x2

Regards.
can you post a bit more of that log (put it to pastebin.com and put the link in here).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hello,

Here is the system.log : http://pastebin.com/pc0Asmhu
From the begining to "Jul 31 17:02:04" is the "cold start"
From "Jul 31 17:02:51" until the end of file is the "second command+F"

Regards
Hello,

I'm testing with 13.b3 running OSX 10.9.4
Still starts on Intel Iris Pro graphic chip in 16 bits

Then switch to nvidia chip in 32 bits after two cmd+f

In Osx "System Preferences / Energy Saver",
If I uncheck Automatic graphics switching (witch is not recommended for battery life), I default to the 32bit display on the nvidia chip on the next start.

How can I force Xbmc or Osx to start on the nvidia chip while I have my desktop on the intel chip?
if we knew the answer we would have suggested a workaround already...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retina MacBookPro GUI problems0