Mac OS X - Retina MacBookPro GUI problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hunter_dev Offline
I use gfxCardStatus and manually switch to discrete card - it helps and start in full color mode.

Any plans to support retina (high resolution) display?
(This post was last modified: 2013-12-17 09:31 by hunter_dev.)
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
joker ... if i would know what is going wrong i would have already fixed it. But its burried in undocumented apple binaries - so no fix in sight (also i don't own a apple device with 2 GPUs).

It doesn't have to do anything with retina display but with the implicit GPU switch on multi GPU devices.

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: Wiki NFS
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Wiki Avahi
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ
(This post was last modified: 2013-12-17 12:41 by Memphiz.)
find quote
Dav_St Offline
Hi,

I have the same resolution problem. I have set the resolution to 1900x1200. When I start XBMC I see a zoom of the main page (2nd image, which is a print screen of the entire screen) with this strange aspect (1st image, part of the screen). Then I hit cmd+f twice and everything go back to normal exept the resolution which goes back to 1440x900.
I have a macbook pro retina.

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you

(This post was last modified: 2013-12-31 01:12 by Dav_St.)
find quote
Mubbled Offline
This issue is occurring in Gotham nightly builds as well (at least as at 7 days ago). If I toggle windowed display (I use \ not CMD+F) the effect goes away (YAY!). My resolution is simply set to "best for display".

I was 5 episodes in to the very excellent Bron|Broen before it wound me enough up to google. Issue particularly apparent where graduated light might be expected - dark to light for instance. Basically the image that DAV_ST has posted.
find quote