Ripping Rituals, share your methods!
Just wanted to start a thread to see how my fellow xbmc enthusiasts rip movies to your servers. What programs are you guys using? Do you organize the files into folders BEFORE or AFTER putting them on the server? Is there a method to your madness? If so, feel free to share!!
MakeMKV straight into a pre-titled film folder on the server share. Rename title00 to IMDB title after ripping.
Exactly the same as browellm. On the odd occassion that MakeMKV fails, I use DVD Decrypter.
I just rip the main feature using MakeMKV to a pre-titled folder. I do change the name of the resulting file within MakeMKV so I do not have to do any steps after the rip. I do this for both Movies and TV series.
I rip all my movies with MakeMkv and then trans-code them with handbrake to crop the black bars and rein-code the loss-less track to aac 5.1 max quality. Usually end up with a file about 8 gigs, then stick it in a folder with every other movie I own. I like them all to be lumped together in one folder.
If I'm ripping from an optical disc I use MakeMKV. I create an .mkv if it's DVD with best audio and english subs.
I back up the disc if it's a blu-ray and create a .ts file using tsMuxer with only HD audio and english subs.

I put them in a folder and then run ViMediaManger to create all meta data and art for it and then add it to the server.
Thanks for the ideas! I just fired up my unraid server for the first time and I'm trying to figure out what the best/easiest method to add new movies would be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ripping Rituals, share your methods!0