[Announcement] - Changes in Subtitle Addons structure
(2013-12-12, 07:00)amet Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 00:01)xmen Wrote: Yes

Any specific reason you are not using XBMC built in addon manager to install it?

Where do i find that?
I only try the install from zip.
in xbmc-> settings -> addons -> XBMC.org repo-> subtitles

although xbmc.org repo is down as servers are behaving badly
A flag (or vote) in favor of reconsidering "manual search" re-inclusion:

Even when using XBMC Library, matching names between Library metadata (scraped websites provide) and subtitles websites is not always easy or possible.

A real life example will be the treatment for special episodes on series. In theTVDB those episodes are all added as belonging to season 00 and fictitious episode number (not provided by series creator as it's done with regular episodes). But in most subtitles pages those special episodes, if they are added, are usually added as belonging to the season where they where created and episode 00 or any other thing...

For that and many similar cases, manual search was a very welcome feature...

As always count me in to, if possible, try to get the feature back.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

its not as easy as "getting it back in" ... I'll have to see how we can get it in nicely as currently no service gets search string from xbmc, each service creates its own search string based on what provider wants to see.

what we would need is to get an entry in the service list that calls the last service with new search parameter.. it should not be too difficult but all services would need adapting if they want to support it. if service author does not want to support it there is little we can do about it.
+1 also for the 'manual search' feature. I was using it on regular basic with the original addon.
Thank you very much for looking into it amet.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3816
(2013-12-16, 19:15)amet Wrote: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3816

Great! Thank you very much amet!Big Grin

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

(2013-12-12, 13:56)amet Wrote: if service author does not want to support it there is little we can do about it.

If we build it, they will come... Wink
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Hi,

I'm a new user of xbmc on my zotac and untill now it's doing what i expected. Just the subtitle add-on doesn't work. I installed it but i couldn't change the language choice into Dutch. It wouldn't save it. So i removed the subtitle add-on to re-install it. Now the problem is that it will not install. Can you help me? What do i must do?

dennis
Merry x-mas
(2013-12-01, 23:25)annika Wrote: I hafe a problem with the subtitles, when i watch a tv serie (warehouse 13)

That's not a problem with the subtitles but with your episode naming. Episode 1 was double length, please check thetvdb.com how to name Season 1 of Warehouse 13 properly.
Sorry for OT.
(2013-12-12, 10:43)amet Wrote: in xbmc-> settings -> addons -> XBMC.org repo-> subtitles

although xbmc.org repo is down as servers are behaving badly

Im having the same problem, no subtitle servies can be found in the repo. Im running beta10 on Android. What logs are needed? Maybe i should try a newer nightly instead?

EDIT: Something refreshed, some add-ons got marked as broken and others got updated. After that opensubtitles service was suddenly installed and i could use the service again.
First many many many thanks amet for providing and maintaining this great addon for the past great years i've had with xbmc. But without the manually enter subtitle feature if would be a huge huge draw back for me. I used that on a daily basis for tv shows from icefilms, 1channel. Now I see no way to get subs in anyway. Please please please add this option. I was so content with how your addon used to be.
Hi Guys,

I have the latest Gotham version installed and I am using the Aeon Nox skin.

Since the new structure was introduced, I am not able to use any subtitle services (I have installed 3: opensubtitles, podnapisi, subscenter - all 3 are enabled).

When I click on the Download subtitles in the OSD, then nothing happens, it just goes back to video playing. The other thing I noticed is that in Skin Settings / Video OSD, I am no longer able to select subtitle addon.

I have attached a log (it contains starting the program, starting video, clicking on Download Subtitles and clicking on the Video OSD / Subtitle addon too.

Could you please help me out here? Do I need to enable something else as well?

XBMC log
(2014-01-02, 10:35)huzsnagy Wrote: Hi Guys,

I have the latest Gotham version installed and I am using the Aeon Nox skin.

Since the new structure was introduced, I am not able to use any subtitle services (I have installed 3: opensubtitles, podnapisi, subscenter - all 3 are enabled).

When I click on the Download subtitles in the OSD, then nothing happens, it just goes back to video playing. The other thing I noticed is that in Skin Settings / Video OSD, I am no longer able to select subtitle addon.

I have attached a log (it contains starting the program, starting video, clicking on Download Subtitles and clicking on the Video OSD / Subtitle addon too.

Could you please help me out here? Do I need to enable something else as well?

XBMC log
Skin is not adjusted to work with Gotham. See skin section as some one posted what you need to adjust or wait till Aeon Nox 5 is released
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Quote:amet Wrote:
opensubtitles working addon is here. I will work on moving podnapisi, sublight and titlovi into new format, rest will need to be done by their respective authors and submitted to XBMC repo.

What is with addons for titlovi.com and sublight ?

Thanks for the operational manual search.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Announcement] - Changes in Subtitle Addons structure0