Crashing constantly
I have just finished doing a completely fresh install of xbmc and have set it up just how I like it.

The problem is that now it seems to crash a lot. I've noticed that the majority of the times it is whilst I'm in the kids movies menu that I've made.

Any ideas what could be causing this and possibly how to fix it?
It could be anything unfortunately. I changed one setting last night (although I'm not sure what) and every time I pressed up in library mode it crashed my system. I returned to my previous settings and the issue was gone.

There must have been a bug in what I changed, but its pin pointing what exactly the cause is that's the difficult part.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-11-05, 14:09)Samu-rai Wrote: It could be anything unfortunately. I changed one setting last night (although I'm not sure what) and every time I pressed up in library mode it crashed my system. I returned to my previous settings and the issue was gone.

There must have been a bug in what I changed, but its pin pointing what exactly the cause is that's the difficult part.

The problem is, I haven't really made any changes other than making my custom menus and turning off all the standard ones.

This is also a fresh install of windows and xbmc due to my previous setup constantly crashing.

There must be something I can do to diagnose the problem.
debuglogs, crashlogs, more info what actual version you are using.....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-11-05, 16:58)Martijn Wrote: debuglogs, crashlogs, more info what actual version you are using.....

debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=80216

crashlog http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=80217

xbmc version 12.2 frodo

aeon mq5 version 1.5.1

Please be gentle wth any advise as I'm not that proficient with xbmc. I had to follow a guide just to get the logs Big Grin
Anybody got any advice?

It's got worse, now crashing as soon as I start up xbmc.

I could wipe my drive and start again, but I did that before and it didn't really fix my problem.
It's crashing for me as well... this skin is unusable as it is right now... too many bugs. I too did a clean install, and it's crashing for me every step of the way. For example, I was just flipping through my movies, when the dvd covers disappeared, then the fanart, then I went to exit, crash.

edit (10:34PM): Just wanted to report that after being fed up of the crashing I went and installed Ace. I played around with Ace for a bit, which I had been using prior. I like Ace, but MQ5 is much prettier, so I thought I'd give it another try, and so far it hasn't crashed. It's been several hours now, with typical use, ranging from watching several TV shows to listening to music and internet radio. Hopefully it keeps up, because it's a great looking skin. We'll see.
If this skin has many bugs, would not be published here.

Do not try to turn your issue into a global issue. You will not have my support through this way.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
I've used previous versions of this skin with no problems, so it's definitely not the skin.

Anyone?
(2013-11-07, 12:05)MarcosQui Wrote: If this skin has many bugs, would not be published here.

Do not try to turn your issue into a global issue. You will not have my support through this way.

Well, I did edit my post to report that MQ5 was working fine after I switched to Ace and back... and it seems others are having similar issues. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1545228... so perhaps a global issue, wouldn't you think? Perhaps an issue with Gotham. No need to be so defensive.
(2013-11-08, 07:20)theagent Wrote: Well, I did edit my post to report that MQ5 was working fine after I switched to Ace and back... and it seems others are having similar issues. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1545228... so perhaps a global issue, wouldn't you think? Perhaps an issue with Gotham. No need to be so defensive.

In support of MQ, I'd just like to point out that three of us reported a crashing issue when going into sub-menus, which MQ has identified and is currently in the process of fixing. Three is hardly a global figure, yet MQ gave the same support as if it were 3000, so big kudos to him. I'm sure he will offer you the same level of support should your issue continue.

And yeah, Ace is a great skin but I agree MQ5 is much prettier.

Oh, its not a Gotham issue, 'cos I'm on Frodo.
@black_eagle, thank you.

It would be nice if some users changes their attitude in this forum. Only those who have any trouble comes here to write something (0,1%). It would be great if the other 99,9% that has no issue also leaves your opinion, otherwise it seems like the skin only has problems, which is not true.

Ps. Sometimes some skinners go away... after this the users are asking: "why?" Wink

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
@MarcosQui, my XBMC was constantly crashing after installing and using Aeon MQ, after playing an MP3 and going to full screen mode it would crash and restart XBMC (in openelec).

After a little investigating of the debug log which I don't have to hand it was a lyrics CUE issue and nothing to do with your amazing skin (except that the skin includes the addon). So thats one of the 99.99% backing the skin & your work Smile
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
I love this skin and so badly want it to work, but for some reason if I try and change things like posters, or settings configuration I sometimes get full system crashes, but only if it is in full windowed screen, or true full screen. Would anyone have an idea as to what this may be? Confluence skin works OK.

I even did a full fresh install of Windows 7 to ensure that it wasn't anything installed.
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
Why some things work well in Confluence and presents error in Aeon MQ 5?

R. Because Aeon MQ 5 has a large number of addons running in the background, so when you enter in a window, lot of things happens. If you have constant crashes, the solution is disable all addons used for skin (see the list in the official thread of skin) and see if the problem is resolved. Then turn on one by one and repeat the test, until find the problem.

As said charlie0440, the skin becomes the target because included the addon, but I can only answer for the skin. Each addon has a responsible developer.

Visit my website

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashing constantly0