Solved Please Help - Parse error
Hi All,

I would really appreciate some help, I have the following request:

Code:
json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetFileDetails", "params": { "file": "C:\\XBMC\\Sample-Data\\Films\\A Few Good Men (1992)\\A.Few.Good.Men.1992.mkv", "media": "video", "properties": ["playcount"] }}')

However I keep getting the error:

Code:
JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetFileDetails", "params": { "file": "C:\XBMC\Sample-Data\Films\A Few Good Men (1992)\A.Few.Good.Men.1992.mkv", "media": "video", "properties": ["playcount"] }}'

And printing the return gives:

Code:
{"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error."},"id":null,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

I have to confess that I really do not know what I'm doing with regards to JSON - so a real beginner, I tried adding

Code:
, "id": 1

To the end of the request (other calls seemed to have that) - but still no luck!

Any tips and advice would be great!

Thanks

Rob
I don't see anything specifically wrong with your request on a quick glance. Adding the "id": 1 will result in a response once your request is working. If you ommit it you won't get any response from JSON-RPC (except parse errors).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Oh looking at it again, did you try to send the JSON-RPC request without the single quotes surrounding it?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thank you for taking a quick look - unfortunatly I have still failed to get this to work - very frustrating Undecided
Just in case some-one else stumbles accross this post with a similar problem.

I just managed to track the problem down (Done a bit more JSON since the original post, and decided to revisit it). It is due to the directory separator in Windows, a quick hack to the following did return data:

Code:
json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetFileDetails", "params": {"file": "%s", "media": "video", "properties": [ "playcount" ]},"id": 1 }' % filename.replace("\\", "\\\\"))

Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Help - Parse error0