XBMCbuntu not automounting fstab cif entries
I am trying to mount some network shares and have put the entries into fstab. However, on boot it never mounts the cifs shares. But when i run mount -a it mounts everything just fine.

My fstab looks like this right now. Tried the _netdev option and still no change.

Code:
//192.168.1.97/media /mnt/samba cifs credentials=/home/xbmc/.smbcredentials,rw,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,sec=ntlm,auto,_netdev 0 0
//192.168.1.97/media/Movies /home/xbmc/Movies cifs credentials=/home/xbmc/.smbcredentials,rw,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,sec=ntlm,auto 0 0
//192.168.1.97/media/Music /home/xbmc/Music cifs credentials=/home/xbmc/.smbcredentials,rw,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,sec=ntlm,auto 0 0

Any ideas or work arounds? Can i mount through script on startup or something? Pretty much a linux noob so...
Is this box on WiFi? If so you probably don't have a Wifi connection to mount the shares until you reach the graphical interface which is way after the mounting of fstab partitions. Arch uses systemd and it's a simple work around but I am not all that familiar with Ubuntu. I would do a Google search on mounting shares after Wifi connection. Sorry, hope it leads to gold and fortune.
Yes, it is on wifi.

Ended up adding a script in /etc/network/if-up.d to mount -a... It's a work around although i don't think its the most elegant.
On Debian Wheezy the file /etc/network/if-up.d/mountnfs handles mounting of NFS and CIFS entries in /etc/fstab. Do you have that file?
(2013-11-06, 23:52)negge Wrote: On Debian Wheezy the file /etc/network/if-up.d/mountnfs handles mounting of NFS and CIFS entries in /etc/fstab. Do you have that file?

Nope, just checked. Doesn't appear to have anything in there along those lines. Wonder why _netdev doesn't work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu not automounting fstab cif entries0