Poll: XBMC uptime
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 day
8.70%
2 days
4.35%
3 days
13.04%
4 days
0%
5 days +
0%
7 days +
26.09%
1 month
47.83%
Total
23 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

What's your maximum XBMC uptime?
For anyone who keeps their HTPC up 24/7 what's your maximum uptime for running XBMC with no problems?

I've only managed about 3 days and was wondering what others have experienced?
Do you mean uptime as in on 24/7 or is sleep included?
Sleep can be included as its the total uptime.

You can check it by clicking on system info.
Windows 8 + AMD 12.10 drivers = left on 24/7 with perfection.
Windows 8.1 + AMD 13.x drivers (12.10 no longer works) = random crashes, multiple display and stability issues with XBMC. Managed to leave it on for 2 days without the app crashing so far.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Crossed fingers, but OpenElec 3.2.3 x64 (12.2 + backports) on Intel 1156 with an nGT430 has never once hung or needed a reboot.

On some previous OE configs, XBMC would hang about once a month based on daily use but the OE O/S has never crashed. I have a button mapped to hup XBMC if this ever happens.
depends on who is waking it up from sleep, with me no problem, with my wife, it crashes...
About 3ish months for a Openelec based virtual machine thats used for library updates.
I have 2 ATV1s running Crystalbuntu that will say up for months at a time. There are a few known issues that will crash them, like certain AirPlay streams, but general use (library, playback, add-ons, etc) don't normally cause an issue.

Pivos XIOS with Linux seems to stay up for months at a time as well, but doesn't get much use. There are some odd bugs that require a reboot to correct, but it is rare to crash (at least with my family's light use).

I keep XBMC open and minimized on OSX to serve a UPnP library and files, and it will stay running for weeks at a time. It only goes down when the computer itself needs to be rebooted, or my damn NTFS drivers start acting up. However, I don't do much on this install other than testing, screen shots, and UPnP.

My other XBMC devices don't normally stay on for log periods of time, like iOS.
Its great to hear people have long uptimes.

I'm a big user of XBMC, 3 or 4hrs each night, and I always get GUI crashes (slow response, hang on a screen, videos not starting) after about 3 days. I was wondering if it was a memory leak or something but sounds like others are having more success than me. I'm on OpenELEC by the way.
My Raspberry Pi has been up and running for about 4 months, without one restart.
Well, I lied in the poll, but not on purpose. I forgot that I use Hibernate Trigger to exit XBMC before each sleep and restart after on my Win 7 HTPC. That would knock me back to "1 Day". Sorry.
I have had 3 days, in and out of sleep. After that I usually need to restart as some functions such as airplay tend to stop working.
2 Months 11 days on the FIC Spectra in the bedroom, 13 days 2hrs on the living room PC, but that was because of an error in Aeon MQ5 going to a black screen on submenu selection (MQ has just fixed it yay !!) and I had to kill it and restart to get my GUI back.
One day, but that's on purpose. I'm running on Windows 7 32 bit, and it seems like after some random period of time strange things start happening (mostly images stop displaying). So I just have XBMC quit and restart every day at 5am so I don't have to hassle with it. The Windows machine itself runs fine, rebooting only when updates require it.
My 2 htpc have a windows task to reboot xbmc every day at 2am for and 8am for the other. This way i avoid any slowdowns or script problems from being on for long periods. I used to have them just on 24/7 (no sleep) and i always eventually had some random problem due to no restart of xbmc.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's your maximum XBMC uptime?0