• 7(current)
New Harmony Smart Control Remote
(2014-01-08, 17:24)Protax Wrote:
(2014-01-08, 01:48)furii Wrote: sorry, i forget not everyone has debug logging on by default. you will need to enable it in settings > system > debugging (or add it to your advancedsettings.xml and reboot) then run the tail command again.

Hi Furii,

That did the trick, I now get results.
Back button gives:

16:15:20 T:139891052308288 DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0x0b) pressed, action is Select

So what we need to find, is the commands that OpenElec understands?

Edit:

I've load the profile again (as test):

Changed this one to back --> back

On this buttons should be a menu and backspace feature be attached, but those aren't available in the profile.

Don't understand why it's so easy for everyone to get this working :S

First i'm going to assume you are using Media Center Extender. Your program is not in English so i am making that assumption.
I have:
Back and Exit = 'Back'
Menu = 'DvdMenu' (goes back to the home screen)

Now while this works very well most of the time, it's not perfect for Fullscreen video. While you have a video playing you can't back out of if without stopping it. This is sometimes useful and it bothers me. However, if you are comfortable with SSH, you can fix it easily. You can make a copy of the remote.xml file, and alter the function that 'Back' does during fullscreen video.

By default:
<global>
<Back>Back</BACK>
</global>
<fullscreenvideo>
<back>smallstepback</back> <!-- I changed this to 'Back' -->
</fullscreenvideo>

To copy the remote.xml:
cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml

then edit the /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml file. The reason you make a copy of this file is because the original file is read-only. The copied file will be run every time you boot overwriting the read-only settings. Therefore, a restart is required to check any changes.
it's strange that your back key seems to be mapped to select instead of back. your harmony is using the microsoft media center extender device, not just microsoft media center, correct? do you happen to have a custom keymap.xml (wiki) file in use? that could explain it. if you don't that could be a way to solve the issues you're having. personally, i use a flirc which accepts IR commands but emulates a keyboard. you could give that a try if you didn't mind putting up a little money for one.
Hey guys,

Thanks for you replies, it looks like this:

So no custom keymap (folder is empty), it's all new for me. Was reading about a keymap file this afternoon.
Will a flirc adapter will fix my problems immediately? If yes I will order that right away, this makes me crazy!
Well the picture is tiny, and my work blocks me loading it up to see if i can increase the size but it looks like it says Windows Media Center Extender so then you should be able to set it up correctly. Fodfalk2@gmailr you to get good basic functionality, you shouldn't need to edit any map file, but editing the map file, once you 've done it once, is easy and can improve things and you can tweak it for how you want it. You could heavily edit the map file to cover up shortcomings but there shouldn't be any. And I'd recommend the Flirc option before doing that, even if you have poked around if the map files before.

hopefully my pictures will help you. Can you copy my set up?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22359084/Menu.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22359084/Exit.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22359084/Back.jpg
Ok copied the key settings in my remote.
Pressing menu and exit doens't seem to do anything Sad
(2014-01-08, 22:43)Protax Wrote: Ok copied the key settings in my remote.

What kind of IR receiver are you using? I doubt this would make a difference tho.
(2014-01-08, 22:47)dougfalk Wrote:
(2014-01-08, 22:43)Protax Wrote: Ok copied the key settings in my remote.

What kind of IR receiver are you using? I doubt this would make a difference tho.

Using the internal Intel NUC receiver.
All other buttons left/right etc. are working fine, only Menu and backspace don't work.
Using my cheap ass HTPC keyboard, everything goes well (offcourse I wan't to use my expensive remote for this).
sadly, the flirc isn't strictly plug and play. like you're experiencing now it works 95% out of the box but still requires a little bit of tinkering. this may be a silly question, but are you sure you're syncing over the changes to your hub every time you update them on the website? settings > sync your harmony in the iphone app. what happens if you start your xbmc activity and press the back button found in the media center extender device page in the iphone app?
(2014-01-08, 23:48)furii Wrote: sadly, the flirc isn't strictly plug and play. like you're experiencing now it works 95% out of the box but still requires a little bit of tinkering. this may be a silly question, but are you sure you're syncing over the changes to your hub every time you update them on the website? settings > sync your harmony in the iphone app. what happens if you start your xbmc activity and press the back button found in the media center extender device page in the iphone app?

I've a Logitech Harmony Touch (no hub and no iPhone app).

Just ordered a FLIRC XBMC module, I see that there's a profile in the Harmony software.
Hopefully this will fix my problems Smile
oh i see. i assumed you had the ultimate based on your screenshots. there should still be a device specific page with commands you can try out. i'd still recommend attempting to do that. the flirc needs to be on the beta firmware in order to use the flirc profile i believe so you'll need to head over to the forums for that. it is also missing a few commands that i had to create a custom keymap for. for instance it didn't have escape bound to anything so i used the AudioDelay- button in the harmony software for that. hopefully you shouldn't notice too many problems though.
Can't wait to buy this remote looks great !
iMac OS X 10.10, ATV3, LG 3D TV, Onkyo Home cinema 5.1,SLICE/OpenELEC/HELIX
Wink 
(2014-01-07, 13:17)Shoober Wrote: I think I figured it out.

I changed the Power Settings for my “Media Center Extender“. I added two commands for Powertoggle each with half second duration. This seems to be working. I will test it over the next day or so and see if it behaves itself.

If anybody is interested the Power Settings can be changed via Devices > Change Device Settings.

Hi All,

I have been testing the remote for the last day or so and can conclude that my “On” / “Off” / “Sleep” / “Wake” states are now working and my TV and Media Center Extender are now in sync. Needless to say I will be keeping this fantastic little remote and hub. My next task is to assign the colour buttons to go directly to "My Movies", "My Shows" etc.

Well, back to the forum to read up on how to do that.

Thanks to all for this great Forum.
(2014-01-09, 20:45)cecemf Wrote: Can't wait to buy this remote looks great !

You wont be disappointed, Its outstanding, best remote I've even owned!
hi, just one question about this remote

i have an intel nuc with simerec and a vizio tv

my main goal is to turn them on and off simultaneously..i have a simple ir remote that does this but sometimes the TV ons but not the computer and vice versa

so i'm wondering if this remote will work for me better? Is the ir output, "signal" better on this remote in comparison to cheaper remotes? Thanks
I wouldn't say its any better, but you can put the transmitter closer to the equipment.

I have never had any problems with something not turning on or going out of sync.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Harmony Smart Control Remote1