• 2(current)
New Harmony Smart Control Remote
Hi everybody
Can I set on smartcontrol remote custom binding to every key on remote or only to few of them?

Thanx
Yes I think any key can be customized

I found it pretty easy to map the exit key to backspace.
OK, but I think that this button is customizeable.
Simple test would be if you can assign for example volume up function to button "1". I know this is nonsense but would show how much custom can be.

Thanx
So this can turn on and off the TV? Plus it has rf to control xbmc?
(2013-11-14, 17:20)verismo Wrote: So this can turn on and off the TV? Plus it has rf to control xbmc?

This is something I would like to know too as I'm looking for an all-In-one remote that can control the following:

XBMC openelec
Panasonic TV
Sony AV receiver

Basically I want something that I can set up to turn my TV on, my SKYHD box, Sony AV and control XBMC. Wink
Yes of course it can turn things on and off Smile

It has dedicated buttons to turn on the tv, amp and computer with one touch.

Then you just hit the off button when your done.
The custom icons for the LCD screen, is that to tune the TV channels only? Or can you set up macros with them as well? I rarely watch live TV so an ABC icon to tune to it is really useless to me.

I really wish these remotes emitted RF and IR signals. As some users have all their gear in a closet, but the TV isnt and needs IR from the remote, not the hub.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
Awesome info man, I was waiting for someone to review this one about response times to get it!!!

One question though, Do you have to buy a separate receiver to plug into the computer or does the smart hub plugs into it?

Thank so muchRoflRofl
I have a separate receiver from my old MCE remote.

So you would need to buy one.
(2013-11-21, 11:10)zag Wrote: I have a separate receiver from my old MCE remote.

So you would need to buy one.

So, if I want to use Harmony smart Control Remote with XBMC on my computer - I need to buy aditional reciever?
UH!!!!!
Can you please recomend what I need to buy to control my HTPC with XBMC installed on it with Logitech Smart Control remote.

All I want to do is press a button on remote that starts up XBMC and navigate truough XBMC (and watch mediaSmile
And if I dont like default buttons functions on remote - I can assign custom keys functions, right? (like on logitech mouse - in Firefox button "number 5" performs function "Back", but in Office that buttom performs keystroke "CTRL+V")

I'm sruggling with remote choice, and finally decided to buy Logitech Smart control Remote - I just need conformation that this remote does what I want to do (because in my country I can not return remote to the store if I find out that it does not satisfy my wishes Sad

Tnx in advance
I use this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Micros...0881434067

But almost any MCE receiver will work.
(2013-12-04, 10:39)ivan Wrote: So, if I want to use Harmony smart Control Remote with XBMC on my computer - I need to buy aditional reciever?
UH!!!!!
Can you please recomend what I need to buy to control my HTPC with XBMC installed on it with Logitech Smart Control remote.

If your computer has no IR receiving capability then you will need to buy an additional receiver.

I have purchased a Lenovo IR receiver from ebay and am using it with an XBMCbuntu install configured as an MCE remote with LIRC.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Lenovo-Med...3ccf2c3af4
nice to see a thread about this here. i've had mine for 6 months or so now and love it. i would love for this to get popular enough that the bluetooth support for ps3/wii/wiiu can be shoehorned into controlling xbmc as well. i actually got mine to pair with openelec as a ps3 remote but for some reason it did not work. the harmony thinks it's connected to a ps3 and openelec thinks it has a ps3 remote but sadly no luck. that said, the delay the old harmony remotes had is almost non-existent now so it's definitely not a dealbreaker. for what it's worth i use mine with a flirc which has it's own profile in the harmony database.
(2013-12-04, 18:02)furii Wrote: nice to see a thread about this here. i've had mine for 6 months or so now and love it. i would love for this to get popular enough that the bluetooth support for ps3/wii/wiiu can be shoehorned into controlling xbmc as well. i actually got mine to pair with openelec as a ps3 remote but for some reason it did not work. the harmony thinks it's connected to a ps3 and openelec thinks it has a ps3 remote but sadly no luck. that said, the delay the old harmony remotes had is almost non-existent now so it's definitely not a dealbreaker. for what it's worth i use mine with a flirc which has it's own profile in the harmony database.

Ahh thats good to know, I have a flirc on my desk that I have never used.

Mind posting a guide of how to get it working?
(2013-12-04, 18:43)zag Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 18:02)furii Wrote: for what it's worth i use mine with a flirc which has it's own profile in the harmony database.
Mind posting a guide of how to get it working?

there really isn't much to set up.

to use the flirc harmony profile i believe your flirc needs to be running the beta firmware. currently 1.0rc6 but i am on 1.0rc3 and haven't felt the need to upgrade. after that you just add the flirc to your harmony as a new device. manufacturer: flirc, model: xbmc.

for the most part i just left the keys as their default setup. strangely the flirc harmony profile does not have escape bound to anything so i repurposed the AudioDelay- key, which is bound to f1, for that purpose and adjusted my keymap.xml. i also changed the red and green transport buttons to NextSubtitle and CodecInfo, respectively. i'm using the following keymap:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f1>PreviousMenu</f1>
      <q>Screenshot</q>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <home>
    <keyboard>
      <l>XBMC.UpdateLibrary(video)</l>
      <o>XBMC.CleanLibrary(video)</o>
    </keyboard>
  </home>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>SmallStepBack</backspace>
      <f1>Fullscreen</f1>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

i did encounter one quirk that i had to work around under openelec. the flirc profile uses control+shift+the first letter of the color for the colored transport keys. so control+shift+r for red, etc. in openelec all the combinations return the same keypress:
Code:
DEBUG: OnKey: ctrl-shift-160 (3f0a0) pressed, action is
under minimal ubuntu this returns the proper ctrl-shift-r but that's not the case under openelec for some reason. i sent a message to the person responsible on their team but never heard back.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Harmony Smart Control Remote1