• 4(current)
New Harmony Smart Control Remote
(2013-12-11, 22:38)lifeisfun Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 22:22)zag Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 20:52)lifeisfun Wrote: I wish that the remote was backlit Sad

Why...? The battery would run out in weeks if it had lighting. It lasts a year because it doesn't have all those extra features like backlights and touchscreens.

Its so nice in the hands it works perfectly in pitch black. Its one of the most ergonomic remotes I've ever used.
For the same reason I like backlit keyboard for HTPC.
Automatic LED backlight would not drain battery that much.

I agree the backlight on the keyboard is a must... that why i am using Logitech K810 keyboard.
But I dont agree on backlight on remote, becouse your "fingers are learned" of button positions in a few hours of use.

Anyway I am happy with it and actually I dont miss backlight at all, maybe already prefer that.
You have to know, that backlight missing was one of the key factor I havent bought this device before and I am sorry to my self for delay in buying it.
(2013-12-12, 23:58)zag Wrote: Ahh yes I forgot about the menu button.

I had to learn that from my MCE remote as a new button called "Menu", then assign it as you show in the screnshots above.

Aah damn I don't have a MCE remote.
Isn't it possible that you export your profile, so we can import it Smile
(2013-12-12, 21:44)Protax Wrote: Hello guys,

Since a week I'm the proud owner of a Logitech Harmony Touch remote control.
With some help it runs... But the profile I used to get it working feels slow.

I'm wonder if you guys got all your keys working?
If yes, is it possible to make a list of the commands you assigned to the keys on your remote?
I'm struggling to find the right commands, and with the Media Center Extended (profile) it looks like I don't have all commands.

Please help Smile

Best regards,
Protax

You need to select "Microsoft Media Center Extender" as a device to kill a lag totaly. I have set additional device "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" to simply assign alfanumeric and special keyboard chars to desired buttons.

Are you on Windows?
Do you have NUC?
Hi guys,

I'm also thinking about buying this remote. Mainly because of the smartphone/tab app. I'm going to use my Ipad mini as a remote and I'm struggling between this one or setting up a iRule. iRule looks cool but it looks like it is going to take some time to set up. What I'm after is making it as easy as possible for my 3 year old to turn on the TV (so when she wakes up she can go watch TV so mummy and daddy can continue sleep Big Grin )

So my question is, all this activity buttons, is it possible to map one so when she presses one button, ideally with a Disney channel icon, so the TV starts, the HTPC starts and the Disney channel flips on?

I'm using a Zbox nano id63 with Windows 8.1 and XBMC frodo with VU+ PVR addon.

My remote is programmed with Eventghost so if any expert on Evenghost can help on how it would be possible to program it to start one specific tv-channel that would be awesome.
Thanks for the tip on using "Microsoft Media Center Extender", its much faster now and just as reponsive as my old MCE remote!

This really is the prefect remote.

I'm not sure about this remote, but other ones from the harmony range definitely have channel activity buttons.
(2013-12-17, 20:49)mellowism Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm also thinking about buying this remote. Mainly because of the smartphone/tab app. I'm going to use my Ipad mini as a remote and I'm struggling between this one or setting up a iRule. iRule looks cool but it looks like it is going to take some time to set up. What I'm after is making it as easy as possible for my 3 year old to turn on the TV (so when she wakes up she can go watch TV so mummy and daddy can continue sleep Big Grin )

So my question is, all this activity buttons, is it possible to map one so when she presses one button, ideally with a Disney channel icon, so the TV starts, the HTPC starts and the Disney channel flips on?

My remote is programmed with Eventghost so if any expert on Evenghost can help on how it would be possible to program it to start one specific tv-channel that would be awesome.

i don't use the app that often so i can't say for sure but i believe i saw in a recent update you can set your own activity icons now. as for automatically switching to the disney channel it should be doable though i'm not sure if there is an elegant solution. the elegant solution would be if xbmc allowed you to switch to tv with a single keypress and then automatically have it enter the channel numbers or something. the inelegant solution would be sending a command to take you back to the home screen, left, left, enter, down, down, enter or something like that. either way it would be more of a limitation in xbmc than the remote. the harmony allows you to add steps to power on and power off sequences that should let you do what you're looking for.
(2013-12-17, 21:30)furii Wrote:
(2013-12-17, 20:49)mellowism Wrote: Hi guys,

i don't use the app that often so i can't say for sure but i believe i saw in a recent update you can set your own activity icons now. as for automatically switching to the disney channel it should be doable though i'm not sure if there is an elegant solution. the elegant solution would be if xbmc allowed you to switch to tv with a single keypress and then automatically have it enter the channel numbers or something. the inelegant solution would be sending a command to take you back to the home screen, left, left, enter, down, down, enter or something like that. either way it would be more of a limitation in xbmc than the remote. the harmony allows you to add steps to power on and power off sequences that should let you do what you're looking for.

I have XBMC to start in the "live tv" screen but with no channel turned on. There is no function as I know of that can choose a channel to be turned on. As you say it is probably a way to make a command to enter a channel number but here is where I have no clue how to make this work.

Also I would not like to have Disney Channel as first channel to appear every time I start my HTPC. Smile
(2013-12-17, 21:23)zag Wrote: Thanks for the tip on using "Microsoft Media Center Extender", its much faster now and just as reponsive as my old MCE remote!

This really is the prefect remote.

I'm not sure about this remote, but other ones from the harmony range definitely have channel activity buttons.

If you are refering to me, this info I have only shared (since I have read this somewhere else on this forum).
I dont know what you mean with channel activity?
The harmony ultimate has Channel "1 click" buttons

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/ha...te?crid=60

Not sure if it would work with XBMC though, but it definitely works with set top boxes
@mellowism:
hmmm.... I see your problem. I dont use favorites and dont have any experience... but,

If I would use it, then I would like that Harmony would have options to send custom set of commands to device.
For example: if my STB is on "info" display then harmony would need to send "exit" prior channel selection. If STB is not on "info", then "exit" signal would do no harm.
So I would/am missing preaction before channel selection.
Best would be preaction in general and a special preaction for each channel, to customise it fully.

Unfortunatelly I dont see that option.

But what you can do is that you can assign a new action to select disney channel.
Hey guys,

I have a kinda insane question. But can this be used to control an iPhone? I am going to be using my iPhone 4S as the main house XBMC player and all I need now is something that can send a message to my 4S to turn it on. Ideally it would be great to turn it off as well, but one step at a time.

So anyone know if there are any hacks for this to make it control an iPad.
(2013-12-13, 00:04)Crssi Wrote:

If yes, is it possible to make a list of the commands you assigned to the keys on your remote?
I'm struggling to find the right commands, and with the Media Center Extended (profile) it looks like I don't have all commands.

Please help Smile

Best regards,
Protax

You need to select "Microsoft Media Center Extender" as a device to kill a lag totaly. I have set additional device "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" to simply assign alfanumeric and special keyboard chars to desired buttons.

Are you on Windows?
Do you have NUC?

Yes I've a Windows machine, and I also got a NUC with OpenElec on it.
My remote still doesn't work like it should be, the back buttons don't work...
(2013-12-29, 04:24)alucard77 Wrote: Hey guys,

I have a kinda insane question. But can this be used to control an iPhone? I am going to be using my iPhone 4S as the main house XBMC player and all I need now is something that can send a message to my 4S to turn it on. Ideally it would be great to turn it off as well, but one step at a time.

So anyone know if there are any hacks for this to make it control an iPad.

that is an insane question and no it cannot Smile
(2013-12-29, 12:57)Protax Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 00:04)Crssi Wrote:

Please help Smile

Best regards,
Protax

Are you on Windows?
Do you have NUC?

Yes I've a Windows machine, and I also got a NUC with OpenElec on it.
My remote still doesn't work like it should be, the back buttons don't work...

To this button I have assigned:
Back (Microsoft Media Player)

But I can take a look into registry setting when I will come home.
There I one more "quirck" that can be easily solved, but will get to this, when will post the registry settings (maybe today).

To this button I have assigned:
Back (Microsoft Media Player)

But I can take a look into registry setting when I will come home.
There I one more "quirck" that can be easily solved, but will get to this, when will post the registry settings (maybe today).
[/quote]

Really appreciate this!

It now looks like:

Image Image Image Image
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Harmony Smart Control Remote1