• 11(current)
New Harmony Smart Control Remote
Its much slower responding using anything other than "Microsoft Media Center Extender"
@zag: What kind of battery is used by this remote? AAA?
No its an internal battery, it lasts an entire year apparently.

I have not needed to replace it yet.
(2014-03-25, 22:56)zag Wrote: Its much slower responding using anything other than "Microsoft Media Center Extender"

OK, but "mce se" is really direct. I have no problems with respond times against other profiles like "imon" or "imon vfd". But I will check it out at the weekend. Thanks
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Mine is set like this. I am not at home, but I posted this previously. Ignore first picture, my config looks like the second picture.

http://imgur.com/a/hszVA

I used Microsoft brand and then typed in media center extender. The lag really isn't horrible. I'm used to it now. My problem now is trying to set up the red blue green and yellow buttons. I'm trying to edit remote.xml and just can't get them to do anything. Any advice? Do I need to edit registry settings? I also think a couple of buttons send me to the media center instead of keeping me in xbmc
What would you like to assign to colored buttons (red, blue, green, yellow)?
My full ideal setup would be this

Red: Launch PseudoTvLive
Green: Go to Movies (Like the Movie Titles)
Yellow: Go to TvShows (The titles as well)
Blue: Launch music playlists (where I can chose which I want to start playing)
Exit: Pretty much serve as Alt-F4/close XBMC
Menu: Launch XBMC from desktop
DVR: Still deciding what I want this to do
Guide: Go into the EPG for LiveTv
Info: Bring up the info screen while watching a movie/tvshow.
What from the list is already acomplished?

Adidtional, you really should google for sollution first, here are a few hints:
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/xbmc-tweak...click.html
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...=windows-7

And dont forget really cool tool:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164252
Hey thank you. I had already read all about all of those and tried them (except for the first article). I had sunk about 5 hours into it with no avail. Im generally pretty tired though and not thinking straight unless its the weekend. My 3 hour commute with work kills me.

Anyway, I took a shotgun approach when I got home today and something worked. What I changed

-Remapped the colored keys in harmony to Media Center SE (I read somewhere the extender will not send the colored button signals right. Dont know if true or not)
-In xbmc clicked send remote as keypresses
-Did all of this:
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html

Something worked. as I now see the keypresses actually doing soemthing when I use "showkey.exe" which can be found on that site. Before everything would show a keypress except for the colored buttons, it just wouldnt register anything at all. So no wonder xbmc was doing nothing when I changed the .xml files. Some reason the keys werent sending anything apparently

From there is was really easy, probably because I had read all those articles several times while failing. I have everything working except I havent tried launching pseudotvlive with the red key. Ill have to try that tomorrow. Im just too tired. All of my other tweaks were basically the same method. Ill read your first link you sent because I think that one talks about launching programs. Thank you
I have assigned actually two devices to activity. One is "Microsoft Media Center Extender" as primary and the second one "Microsoft MCE Keyboard". The "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" is set to do nothing when power On or Off sequence is started.
Then I have heavily reassigned XBMC activity with "Microsoft MCE Keyboard".
At this time I have just assigned a key not used (or the key I dont really use, like teletext and PVR) in XBMC to custom functions and also assign that key in windows registry.
For example:
Red Button -> on the harmony short press key H with "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" -> Audio channel selector in XBMC
Red Button -> on the harmony long press key A with "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" -> Audio offset in XBMC
Green Button -> on the harmony short press key W with "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" -> watched toggle in XBMC
Green Button -> on the harmony long press key Delete with "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" -> remove from library and disk in XBMC
Yellow Button -> on the harmony short press key L with "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" -> subtitles selector in XBMC
Yellow Button -> on the harmony long press key Z with "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" -> subtitles offset in XBMC
Blue Button -> on the harmony short press key N with "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" -> subtitles search and download in XBMC
Blue Button -> on the harmony long press key V with "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" -> rescan library in XBMC
Hi all,

Very interesting and informational thread. I am thinking of buying the Logitech Ultimate remote. Is it any different to the standard smart control remote? Other than it supporting more devices and a color LCD screen? The reason why I am looking at the ultimate is, I can foresee using more than 8 devices. But just want to make sure the setup is exactly the same? I will also purchase the Flirc USB IR receiver for my HTPC which is running Win 7 with an i5 processor. On top of that I have a JVC Projector along with XBoxOne, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Oppo Blu Ray player, Pioneer Amp, Panasonic Plasma TV.

Will this remote control all this? ANyone have any experience of how this remote will control the Roku devices as well?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Nano
Hey guys, I followed your instructions, I am having one small problem with Logitech Ultimate...
I have mapped all my buttons under both activity and devices, the buttons mapped under SE click correctly, other buttons such as C I ESC Backspace and all other ones that are not available under SE's menu and are available as MCE Keyboard don't click right, one click one the button will send out multiple commands to the XBMC did anyone have this problem? How did you fix it?

I'm using HP IR Receiver, Logitech Harmony XBMC 12.3, Windows 8
I also tried to play around with delay and repeat with no effect or whatsoever...

I just need the MCE Keyboard to click once or send 1 command that's all i'm asking for...
Maybe this:
Devices -> Microsoft MCE Keyboard -> Change Device Settings -> Device delay settings

My settings are:
Power-on delay: 1.5
Inter-key delay: 100
Input delay: 1000
Inter-device delay: 500

Let us know what are results?
Thanks Crssi, just tried those settings with no luck, here's a bit more summarized details of my problem and things I've tried:

- I'm currently troubleshooting by using MCE as Device not through Activity
- Keys assigned from Windows Media Center SE work perfectly and click fine
- All other buttons assigned using the MCE Keyboard send multiple commands to the IR Receiver (HP) (i.e. Menu button is assigned to 'C' would send multiple commands) whether I run it as device or activity still sends multiple commands
- Repeat is at 0
- Tried working with different delay settings including all zeros, defualt and the one you suggested with no affect at all

I've honestly went through 15 different setups however none of the things that worked for others has worked for me. I'd appreciate any input you guys can share, Many faced the same problem, I hope you guys can share your solutions
I have smart control not ultimate, so I dont have any experiences with.
Maybe you need to update firmware on hub.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Harmony Smart Control Remote1