• 14(current)
New Harmony Smart Control Remote
Thanks, let's hope it will be implemented soon.
does anyone have any idea how i can update my drivers for my wifi/bluetooth card if i'm running OpenElec on a nuc? i thought perhaps you could do it in the bios but that doesn't appear possible
i've been following the thread but haven't had a chance to test things until now. the first thing i noticed is that when i turned everything on i had an openelec bluetooth authorization popup on screen that did nothing when clicking yes or no. has anyone else encountered that? i had had it set up in the harmony software as a windows computer, removed it and added it back as computer other os. if it pops up all the time that's going to make it essentially worthless for me. [edit: i seem to have worked around the issue by changing the power management option for the pc. by default the harmony assumes there is no power button so that it must be turned on/off manually. i switched it to always on and assigned one of the non-functioning buttons as the key. so far i haven't lost pairing but my guess is i will on reboot.]

i tail'd the xbmc.log to see what keypresses were being generated and here's what i found.

adding the device as a windows computer gives three additional buttons not available under other. sleep, printscreen, wakeup. of those printscreen is the only one that seems to generate a keypress that xbmc sees.

unfortunately the information others have deduced is correct and the keypresses the remote sends are almost exclusively media keys. here is a list of working ones that you can map in keymap.xml:
Code:
volume_mute
volume_down
volume_up
browser_back
down
left
right
up
return
stop
play_pause
pause
rewind
fastforward
record
prev_track
next_track
menu
browser_search
pagedown
pageup
delete
browser_home
printscreen (windows)

the following commands generated no keypresses that xbmc saw:
Code:
chan +
chan -
green
red
blue
yellow
guide
info
dvr
zoom +
zoom -
wake (windows)
sleep (windows)

the soft keyboard does work quite well it's unfortunate that you can't add them to the remote. hopefully harmony adds this in a future update.

(2014-06-12, 19:47)knives of ice Wrote: does anyone have any idea how i can update my drivers for my wifi/bluetooth card if i'm running OpenElec on a nuc? i thought perhaps you could do it in the bios but that doesn't appear possible

you should probably create an issue on the OE tracker: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues
(2014-06-12, 21:33)furii Wrote: by default the harmony assumes there is no power button so that it must be turned on/off manually. i switched it to always on and assigned one of the non-functioning buttons as the key. so far i haven't lost pairing but my guess is i will on reboot.]

I did this but don't understand the last part. Why did you have to assign a non functioning button? Thanks!
i was having an issue where, upon switching back to my xbmc activity from either an off state or a different activity, openelec kept popping up a bluetooth authorization prompt. neither clicking yes nor no actually did anything though. i'm not sure if this is a bug with the harmony or openelec (i'm still on 3.2.4 as xbmc 13 causes my system to constantly crash). if you weren't encountering that problem there's no need to switch from the default setup.
(2014-06-16, 03:10)furii Wrote: i was having an issue where, upon switching back to my xbmc activity from either an off state or a different activity, openelec kept popping up a bluetooth authorization prompt. neither clicking yes nor no actually did anything though. i'm not sure if this is a bug with the harmony or openelec (i'm still on 3.2.4 as xbmc 13 causes my system to constantly crash). if you weren't encountering that problem there's no need to switch from the default setup.

I am experiencing the issue. How did you fix it?
(2014-06-16, 03:20)sparklemotion Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 03:10)furii Wrote: i was having an issue where, upon switching back to my xbmc activity from either an off state or a different activity, openelec kept popping up a bluetooth authorization prompt. neither clicking yes nor no actually did anything though. i'm not sure if this is a bug with the harmony or openelec (i'm still on 3.2.4 as xbmc 13 causes my system to constantly crash). if you weren't encountering that problem there's no need to switch from the default setup.

I am experiencing the issue. How did you fix it?

like i said in my edit, i edited the power settings for the pc device and told the harmony to leave it always powered on. it asked me for a power button and which i assigned to DVR since it is not currently transmitted to xbmc for whatever reason.
First time Harmony buyer here having problems setting up the Smart Control Hub to start XBMC on a Windows computer, so let me know if I missed something in the thread or Wiki. I added the "Windows Media Center SE" and "WMCE Keyboard" as devices but can't figure out how to set up an activity that starts XBMC. I've been trying to find a set up guide for the Smart Hub and XBMC, but couldn't find anything so I was hoping someone help me out with the basics.

Thanks!
Hi,

I have the Harmony Ultimate on test right now, its MUCH faster then my old Harmony One(after som tweeking).

I do however not like that the play and ff/fb is placed above the touch, how did the think? Its really backward to change grip just to stop movie and then change again to navigate.

So, Im thinking if the Harmony Smart could be enouth. This is the hard ware I got :

Devices
TV - Panasonic Panasonic TC-P65ST60
Receiver- Yamaha RX A1020
Blu-ray - Panasonic DMP-BDT110
TVBox(controls TV channels) - Sagem HD104C
XBMC - Intel NUC (Microsoft Media Center Extender)
Console nr1 - XBOX360
Console nr2 - XBOX360

Activities
TV - TV, Receiver and TVBox
Bluray - TV, Receiver and Blu-ray
XBOX 1 - TV, Receiver and XBOX360 nr 1
XBOX 2 - TV, Receiver and XBOX360 nr 2
Mediaplayer - TV, Receiver and XBMC
Radio FM - Receiver
Net Radio - Receiver

Will the smart be enouth or do I have to go with the Ultimate?

PS The Ultimate cost me 154 EUR and the smart will cost me 103 EUR.
SmartControl supports up to 6 activities... but then again I am wonder how you will control two xboxes at the same timeHuh
(2014-07-09, 08:38)Crssi Wrote: SmartControl supports up to 6 activities... but then again I am wonder how you will control two xboxes at the same timeHuh

All I really do is to switch the receiver to the correct input so I do not make any real controling of the XBOX360 itself(yet).

Is it possible to switch to a specific device layout as you can on One and probably Ultimate?
Will there come an updated Harmony Smart Control in 2014 or anytime soon? Any rumours?

Hopefully with 4 activity buttons (one additional for 'game'), without Wifi problems, and the possibility to connect it directly via Ethernet to the router? Smile
The Real Skimshady
I have now tested the Harmony Smart as well and I really like the design.

There is however a question. I have set it up like suggested in this thread with Microsoft Media Center Extender, I can see under Buttons for the XBMC activity that the Info button is bound to the info on Microsoft Media Center Extender.

1. Start movie
2. Pause
3. Hit Info

Nothing happens? To get this working I hade to add the Microsoft MCE Keyboard(another device), is this really the best way?

I also notice that my 2 XBOX 360 starts when turning on/off the XBMC? How is it connected and how to avoid it?
Can anyone tell me how the response times are compared to the Harmony Touch? Even with all delays set to zero there's still lag left (200-250ms) that just won't go away. Harmony remotes without display seem to have much better response times (650 for example) - how does this one compare? Thanks!
(2014-08-09, 16:31)ben81 Wrote: Can anyone tell me how the response times are compared to the Harmony Touch? Even with all delays set to zero there's still lag left (200-250ms) that just won't go away. Harmony remotes without display seem to have much better response times (650 for example) - how does this one compare? Thanks!

Touch as more or less as fast as smart as long as you choose the correct devices and set down the delays. I did however not like the touch becouse the screen made it more complicated(slower) to use. The play/puase/stop and all the other regular buttons is placed above the screen, thats a really bad idé.

But in the end its al about taste and needs.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Harmony Smart Control Remote1