• 9(current)
New Kickstarter project XBMC Set top box
I don't get it... Kick-starter is filled with imitators.
Let me take a cheap android box, someones opensource OS, skins, plugins...
Find a cheap Chinese manufacture to slap my name on it... hooray kickstarter!!

It's kinda foolish, how the hell does it claim 1080p decoding? kinda early in the game with xbmc android still in major development...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
RE: Remote.

Fill the Pulse-Eight. Motorola NYXboard Hybrid gap left after Motorolla stopped supplying them with devices.
If your remote can do all that (better) plus more features (backlit keys etc) you will kill it.
(2013-12-13, 02:46)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 18:18)Hedda Wrote: The remote control will use the Wi-Fi Direct (peer-to-peer wireless networking standard) right? so it should work in a kind-of ad-hoc communication with other clients/players that supports Wi-Fi Direct without requiring any USB dongle
It won't use wifi direct. It will use a USB dongle. At least that was what was said on the old kickstarter for the remote-only reward.
WiFi Direct USB dongle then? or a RF protocol? or IR? or both?

Qubi box Kickstarter did say remote uses "WiFi Direct" which is the reason why I ask

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qubi...ade-simple
Quote:Do I get a remote??

You sure do and it's a cracker!! It can be used as a traditional remote, a keyboard, to stream audio, as a microphone or even as a mouse.
  • Double sided remote including QWERTY keyboard
  • Backlit both sides
  • WiFi Direct
  • Airmouse
  • USB Rechargeable
  • Headphone output (Use Qubi without disturbing others)
  • Built in Mic (Voice commands for Qubi launcher or Skype)
Remote look very nice! If you start a kickstarter just for the remote, let us know!
(2013-12-13, 16:45)Hedda Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 02:46)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 18:18)Hedda Wrote: The remote control will use the Wi-Fi Direct (peer-to-peer wireless networking standard) right? so it should work in a kind-of ad-hoc communication with other clients/players that supports Wi-Fi Direct without requiring any USB dongle
It won't use wifi direct. It will use a USB dongle. At least that was what was said on the old kickstarter for the remote-only reward.
WiFi Direct USB dongle then? or a RF protocol? or IR? or both?

Qubi box Kickstarter did say remote uses "WiFi Direct" which is the reason why I ask

Not sure on the specifics, but the $40 remote reward reads:

Quote:So you already own an Ouya, Pivos, (Insert other Android box/stick here), Rasberry Pi, HTPC, Mac Mini running XBMC but love the look of the remoteHuh? Here is your chance to get just the remote. (It will come with a usb dongle to wirelessly connect to any device)
I've been looking to use my Boxee Box remote with a PC but the needed USB dongle has long been out of production. This remote looks similar and is not based on IR so I would most definitely be interested in this. On computers, I just need it to emulate keyboard buttons. It would also be great if the keys can be reconfigured, such as to have a standby/wakeup button.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Kickstarter project XBMC Set top box1