A new player ... but which one?
Hi to all, first of all, tnx for continuous support.

Now the hard stuff Big Grin

So, actually I've one Asus eeepc EB1501 with XBMCBuntu on it.
I've also bought a little home theater, samsung ht-bd1250.

Now, I want to connect my "player" to the home theater to take advantage of the 5.1, or ac3 or others ... but:
1. Asus don't have an optical out
2. Samsung don't have an hdmi in, but have 2 optical in

I searched for a solution, I found a kind of usb sound board, but the digital out is tied to additional software, so ... I don't find either solution that change my player.

I mean, I need:
1080 playback
a true digital out
a Ethernet port
remote controlled

So I searched on the web, and I found a veryyyyy lot of player, but I don't know if is a good idea, you know, I think that a linux based is better than android but I don't have any experience about it, and I don't want to waste money and take an useless player.

So my goal is to have a fast XBMC player and send the audio to home theater.

And now the question, what kind of player?

Reading the wiki page I see
Code:
Various "Android" boxes - can run Linux and boot directly into XBMC. Hardware video decoding for most video codecs, GUI is very responsive on most skins. Running Linux/XBMC on these "Android boxes" will likely result in better performance than running Android/XBMC.
But, witch one can do that? I mean I think that is the best solution, maybe I'm wrong ...

Ps I've contacted the support for Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2, but they tell me that the spdif for MX2 is only analog

Any ideas or suggestion?

Jo
Are you happy with the eeepc?

Get this: http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=1...&p_id=5557

I use it just as you probably will do, to get hdmi from a laptop to a TV, and do optical out to my older AVR.
I just got my "MiiPC" that I supported as a "Kickstart" project and am really happy
with it. I can't emphasis enough on build quality and solid parts under the hood.
The second Firmware that is coming out will iron out the few shortcomings that
exist and thus makes it a solid choice for you to consider. You can place an order
at www.miipc.com for $99 Dollars.

Good Luck
Tnx @00b5

But is not for me Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A new player ... but which one?0