Disturbing Twitter Post
It does kind of raise an interesting point, are addons sandboxed and if not, should they be?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-08, 23:40)teeedubb Wrote: Scary thing is that if you have any addons/repos from these guys (or anyone else for that matter) youre giving them access to your whole pc/device, not just xbmc. So not only can they install adware with out you knowing, they can access/delete your personal data too.

Not true....don't scare people
(2013-11-09, 00:29)misa Wrote:
(2013-11-08, 23:40)teeedubb Wrote: Scary thing is that if you have any addons/repos from these guys (or anyone else for that matter) youre giving them access to your whole pc/device, not just xbmc. So not only can they install adware with out you knowing, they can access/delete your personal data too.

How can you say that?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-09, 00:34)nickr Wrote:

How can you say that?

Because I know...sounds simple but believe me

Sounds like i need to clean up some repos on my install. I wouldnt be so concerned, however, if you search for posts in regards to the ad program being pushed to your xbmc, the author is very matter of fact about it.

When people lose sight that this is a hobby not a job or a get rich quick scheme, everyone loses.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2013-11-09, 00:42)misa Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 00:34)nickr Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 00:29)misa Wrote: Not true....don't scare people

How can you say that?

Because I know...sounds simple but believe me

You can easily run a command like rm -rf / from a addon, try it. Wink
I just have to laugh at you guys ... really? we can delete info ? using GA? haha .. might as well stop using youtube .. twitter and the rest of the billion sites that use GA I love how you guys sit here in the little forums running your mouths and spreading lies .. viruses lol adware .. is that what we call ads now adware? cmon now adware is ads WITHOUT your permission the end user obviously knows they will be seeing and ad before they install the addon as it states it clearly .. as far as google analytics being turned into VIRUS by you guys since you love forums you might want to google what it does smh .. very funny you guys are seriously .. and I keep hearing the same thing over and over a pirate complaining about stolen work ohhhh how ironic ... mannnnn listen we do what we do ... and no matter what you DO! if it took you days.. hours.. work and sweat! your going to be mad if its re-used and put out by someone else as their own .. yes this is exactly what pirates do to the movie industry .. yes it is ironic.. but WHO CARES! the pirates steal from the movie industry and movie industry takes action by trying to shut down torrent sites etc .. devs steal other devs work and they take action how they take action ..cause/reaction.. you guys word it so slick to make it seem like its sooooooooooo shocking lol that someone would be mad about their hard work however (greyish) it might be, being used without their permission. Anywho just felt like this thread needed a little common sense you guys can continue your half baked lies now I wont be responding. ........... HM
hmm the use of proper sentences is obviously too much to be asked for. no wonder no one takes you serious
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Everything mentioned and what you decide to comment on is my grammar lol .. says alot buddy. I apologize for not taking the time to add a period here and there. Call me dumb, no problem, I'm the dumbest knock yourself out. Doesn't make what I'm saying not true. Your reply... to all that... not informative at all. So I'll keep my bad grammar, cause bad grammar and all lol the people CLEARLY know what's what when they speak to me. I don't even know why I acknowledged that lame attempt at slander instead of debate.. but oh well Smile enjoy your day.. I'm off to work on the reason 99% of people with XBMC .. USE... XBMC ... the underground, without it... you might as well just get a roku... cheers Smile
Wait, this isn't a get rich quick scheme? I here by tender my resignation.
Can someone explain what happened after post #21?
I was reading through the thread but had to stop when someone threw a bucket of clutter all over the place... Maybe a good thing?
Unfortunately your overall intelligence seems to be reflected in your grammar.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Python has a ton of access in XBMC. Scripts/add-ons should be treated just like other executable applications, and only be downloaded from those you can trust.
punctuation must be a crime in his country...
(2013-11-09, 01:11)Worthamil Wrote: Everything mentioned and what you decide to comment on is my grammar lol .. says alot buddy. I apologize for not taking the time to add a period here and there. Call me dumb, no problem, I'm the dumbest knock yourself out. Doesn't make what I'm saying not true. Your reply... to all that... not informative at all. So I'll keep my bad grammar, cause bad grammar and all lol the people CLEARLY know what's what when they speak to me. I don't even know why I acknowledged that lame attempt at slander instead of debate.. but oh well Smile enjoy your day.. I'm off to work on the reason 99% of people with XBMC .. USE... XBMC ... the underground, without it... you might as well just get a roku... cheers Smile

So are you mad that they used your add on in the video? Or they took it as their own? Or they are making money thru ads with your addon? Can you explain in a clear non block of text way?
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disturbing Twitter Post0