Win Pictures / Slideshow -> OPTION: SHOW ON DESKTOP
hi!

im a windows 8.1 user and win 8.1 supports only boring desktop wallpaper slideshow.

IT WOULD BE SO GREAT, IF I COULD USE THE PAN & ZOOM SLIDESHOW
NOT ONLY IN XBMC BUT (WITH AN TOGGLE) USE IT AS A DESKTOP SLIDESHOW -

so: xbmc running, me starting a pan & zoom slideshow - and then switching this to my desktop say "wallpaper".

if this could be implemented: I WOULD LOVE XBMC EVEN MORE!!!

dc.
Search "ken burns windows wallpaper" and you'll see a bunch of stuff already does this. There's no practical way for XBMC to hook into the wallpaper like that.
if im right, eg vlc-player can "render" to the desktop... xbmc cant??! just take the desktop as "canvas" ... none of the shareware desktop wallpaper slideshows got the "ken burns" right...none. and the xbmc slideshow is a beauty!!!
VLC has an entire video server packed into it.
and XBMC is the best "whatsoever"... never mind.
XBMC might be the best over-all for a media center/living room set up, but it's not the best video player ever.

That being said, the point I'm trying to make is that it would be a very significant undertaking for XBMC to add such a feature. I don't oppose it or anything like that. It's just very unlikely to be done, in light of various other applications that do similar things. It's more likely, and likely easier, that those similar apps will improve in the near future.
I can't seem to find it, but another alternative would be an application that allows other applications to be rendered on your desktop. It's basically using the desktop as a virtual second monitor. At least I thought something like that existed. It's a bit much just for the slideshow feature, but it would do what you are asking. If I find it I will post about it here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures / Slideshow -> OPTION: SHOW ON DESKTOP0