Mouse Cursor does not disappear in Fullscreen mode since Windows 8.1
Hi,

I have a HTPC running Windows 8 and a Radeon HD 6450 graphics card, and after updating to Windows 8.1, I have the following problem:

when I start a video in fullscreen, I always do have a mouse curor at the middle of the screen that does not disappear automatically. It is not the XBMC mousecursor, but the windows mouse cursor Sad I always have to move it to the side manually, but as soon as I start another video, it re-appears. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks a lot
Yeh same here, I installed windows 8.1 on my htpc and once xbmc has loaded up when I move my mouse around there are two of them, the windows one and the xbmc one.

I have xbmc startup with windows and I've found if I quickly operate the mouse in windows before xbmc loads up then I only have the normal pointer in xbmc once loaded up.

Not sure how to fix this, but the problem was not there in windows 8.
Hi, I registered on the forums just to say I have exactly same problem. Windows 8.1 and sometimes windows mouse stays at center once XBMC is loaded.
If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.
I have this too, it's not very often, but it was weird to see both mouse cursors (XBMC and Windows) on screen at the same time in different places.
Lightbulb 
I have resolved this issue.

In XBMC:

1. Go to "Settings" under system.
  2. Select "System" on the bottom of that list.
  3. Select "Input devices"
  4. Deselect "Enable joystick and gamepad support" (ensure that the "bubble" next to that option is not filled)
  5. You're done. Now the mouse should not disappear.

Please let me know if this works. I have tested this on Windows 7 Ultimate and works like a charm
(2013-12-07, 15:32)aMerkuri Wrote: Hi, I registered on the forums just to say I have exactly same problem. Windows 8.1 and sometimes windows mouse stays at center once XBMC is loaded.
If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

I also have this issue.
I have mouse disabled in xbmc because I use a IR RC.
Now I have to plug in a mouse to move the windows mouse pointer which is printed over the xbmc UI or a playing video off to the side or top/bottom to hide it.
The pointer resets back to centre when changing screen refresh rate - i.e. most times a movie starts/stops).
Mouse is disabled in the menu.
I'm running gotham release version (but also saw this with the betas too).
Its really fricking annoying.

BTW to the poster who mentions they solved this - you say you fixed on Win 7, but this seems to be specifically a Win 8.1 issue (it did not happen before the 8.1 upgrade).
(2014-05-26, 23:17)jamesf Wrote: BTW to the poster who mentions they solved this - you say you fixed on Win 7, but this seems to be specifically a Win 8.1 issue (it did not happen before the 8.1 upgrade).

Worked for me on 8.1 Cool
I am going to revive this thread as I am now having this issue with Windows 10. My system shows the windows pointer as well as the Kodi pointer. If I turn off the pointer options in Kodi, I still see the system pointer which then does nothing.
Also have this problem on windows 10... Anyone?
I hide the mouse completely in Kodi windows 10

mouse.xml

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
            <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
            <leftclick>Select</leftclick>
            <rightclick>Back</rightclick>
            <middleclick>noop</middleclick>
            <doubleclick>noop</doubleclick>
            <wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
            <wheelup>noop</wheelup>
            <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>
This is only for the kodi cursor... Sad we have the white windows cursor on top... Thanks anyway.
I came across a tool named autohide cursor but this does not seem to work on W10.
this is a bug of windows. You should use a tool to move windows cursor out of the screen.
Strange that I am running windows 10 and yet do not have this same problem at all.

For me when I launch Kodi, the mouse disappears completely.
same problem here. installed windows 10 and there he was. the white pointer in the middle of the screen.

the only way to make it disappear is alt-enter, wiggle the mouse around (i use kodilauncher or whatever it is called these days) - kodi regains focus - the white pointer disappears behind the kodi window - alt-enter again and kodi is back to fullscreen and the pointer hidden behind it.

happens after every restart or wakeup from standby. grrrrrrrr
I have the same problem.
Any solution for today?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse Cursor does not disappear in Fullscreen mode since Windows 8.10