• 6(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-08-01, 00:50)loftusdr Wrote: Dear dmdsoftware
After upgraded to 3.3, I cannot stream my movies bigger then 5Ga ,I newer got subtitle play in my movie nor dolby digital. Please help

-> plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&amp;url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/preview <-

Thank you

Is the video stored in your google account or is it a public link?
(2014-08-01, 17:57)dmdsoftware Wrote:
After upgraded to 3.3, I cannot stream my movies bigger then 5Ga ,I newer got subtitle play in my movie nor dolby digital. Please help

-> plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&amp;url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/preview <-

Thank you

Dear Dmdsoftware
My video files are in my google account but in private link .
(2014-08-01, 18:11)loftusdr Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 17:57)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Thank you

Dear Dmdsoftware

When you navigate to the video within Google Drive XBMC plugin, and playback, does it playback 5+GB videos and give you Dolby Sound?

If the answer is no, then can you check in Settings for Google Drive XBMC plugin to see what setting you have to playback (is it MemoryCache, Stream). if it is Stream, can you change to MemoryCache and try navigating to the video within Google Drive XBMC plugin and playback. Does it now playback 5+GB videos and give you Dolby sounds + captions?
(2014-08-01, 18:31)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 18:11)loftusdr Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 17:57)dmdsoftware Wrote: Is the video stored in your google account or is it a public link?

Dear Dmdsoftware

When you navigate to the video within Google Drive XBMC plugin, and playback, does it playback 5+GB videos and give you Dolby Sound?

If the answer is no, then can you check in Settings for Google Drive XBMC plugin to see what setting you have to playback (is it MemoryCache, Stream). if it is Stream, can you change to MemoryCache and try navigating to the video within Google Drive XBMC plugin and playback. Does it now playback 5+GB videos and give you Dolby sounds + captions?

Thanks for the reply, If I play the video in my GDrive account , it playback 5+GB & DDigital sound perfect, if I play in Livestream add-ons , the video files in gdrive are limited, but if I stream in bitcasa drive they work perfect. ( >5+GB & DD sound)
Please help.
when you said "GDrive account , it playback 5+GB & DDigital sound perfect", do you mean when when you use a web browser and access google drive or do you mean when you use the Google Drive XBMC add-on?
(2014-08-01, 20:40)dmdsoftware Wrote: when you said "GDrive account , it playback 5+GB & DDigital sound perfect", do you mean when when you use a web browser and access google drive or do you mean when you use the Google Drive XBMC add-on?

If I used Google Drive XBMC add-on + memory cache setting , the sound coming out perfect DD or DTS, but if setting at Stream , the sound coming out ACC 2and no subtitle .
Isn't it possible to use a .strm file on a webserver (so i can add it to the library) and open the mediafile without transcoding. Because now the file is transcode, even with settings in the addon as DiskCache. If i open the addon and browse to file it's not transcode (right audio track, file name, subtitles)

The file is public in drive for people with link, and .strm file looks like this:
plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&amp;url=https://docs.google.com/file/xxxxxxxxxx/preview

But i'm getting wrong name and soundtrack
Can this plugin play mkv streams stored on my google drive? I suspect it can play mp4 and m4v fine.
(2014-08-11, 00:16)MattBlacK85 Wrote: Isn't it possible to use a .strm file on a webserver (so i can add it to the library) and open the mediafile without transcoding. Because now the file is transcode, even with settings in the addon as DiskCache. If i open the addon and browse to file it's not transcode (right audio track, file name, subtitles)

The file is public in drive for people with link, and .strm file looks like this:
plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&amp;url=https://docs.google.com/file/xxxxxxxxxx/preview

But i'm getting wrong name and soundtrack

If you don't want to playback from .strm and do not want to use the streaming with transcoding, then you should use the playvideo mode, such as:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=title_of_video

Where title_of_video, is the filename of the video in your Google Drive. I'm going to look at extending playvideo to allow for URL links in the future. URL links were added as a request from someone to play files not in their drive account (public videos).

(2014-08-11, 01:34)ktjensen Wrote: Can this plugin play mkv streams stored on my google drive? I suspect it can play mp4 and m4v fine.

Anything considered a video or music file by Google Drive.

I have MP3, AVI, MP4, M4V, FLV, and MKV files stored in my account.
Looks like I will be buying a google account for 100gb to store my videos yearly for $24. Was debating doing that or using ONEDRIVE. But this plugin for Xbmc makes the choice clear.
(2014-08-11, 15:03)ktjensen Wrote: Looks like I will be buying a google account for 100gb to store my videos yearly for $24. Was debating doing that or using ONEDRIVE. But this plugin for Xbmc makes the choice clear.

There is also FireDrive ($29.99/year for 100GB, $89.99/year for 1TB). I have a fairly equivalent plugin for their as well. I find it easier to get shared content in my FireDrive account (matter of clicking "copy to my firedrive"). Of course, Google won't suddenly disappear overnight someday.

In the good-old-days, one could get a Google Apps free account for the cost of carrying a domain ($10/year through Google), which included 100 user accounts of 5GB each, which jumped to 15GB the other year when Google upped everyone to 15GB. 100x 15GB = 1.5TB for $10/year was the ultimate bargain. Of course, they stopped accepting new free Google Apps account since then.
Google gets smarter every quarter. They should be rewarded with $25 yearly. Lol. Well it's a good place to store my rare videos that can not be retrieved from VUDU-NETFLIX-LOCAL LIBRARY-FRIENDS-YouTube-Amazon prime. Do not want to store DVDs in my house any more. Most can be compressed to mkv at less than 1g size if I cut resolution down to functional levels. Not into pristine videos. More interested in functional content of stuff I own.

Owning less stuff is good
thank you for your work ,is it possible for you to add images support as i want to put movie back drop or folder image inside the folder so it shows up as a thumbnail while browsing the movies ....i done it once and two movies showed up with their own movie images as a thumbnails preview instead of video preview i'm not sure what version it was but two movies worked with image thumbnails just a suggestion i think it will be better that way since we can not add g drive to library Smile
Hello and thank you for this add-on. I am trying to piece together the various bits of info around here on strm files into something I might understand, but having no luck. I get how they work and mostly what information ends up included, but I can't get the files to actually stream anything.

I'm using a Google Drive for Business account and all of my files are private. Do they need to public in order to work? I assumed that since the add-on uses log-in credentials that would be sufficient... but no dice.

What I'm aiming for is to have my entire movie collection stored in the cloud and have them accessible via placeholders in my local library.
Found that google drive only gives you 85gigs for $2 a month. The other 15gigs you already had for free.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12