Ouya only connects AFTER resetting wifi on Mac (NFS)
This problem seemed to come out of nowhere on the version before last (I am using XBMC through the Discover section on OUYA). Once the last release downloaded, the issue disappeared for several attempts but then it just came back.

Here's what happens:

Turn on OUYA -> XBMC -> Videos -> Files -> select my NFS share -> "Could not connect".

So I go into the office, turn the wifi off and on for my Mac, and suddenly I am able to connect without issues. My Mac is configured on our network to only ever use a static local IP (192.168.1.111), so I am not sure why it would not be connecting. Also, if I leave XBMC on in the menu for more than a few minutes, I will have to repeat this process of resetting wifi. However, once I play a movie, I have no issues whatsoever. My Log for a failed attempt and successful re-attempt can be found here:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=82054

I apologize for the length - obviously CTRL-F and search for NFS and you'll see entries for it in the beginning and end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Has anyone else using an Ouya/Mac+NFS had this same issue? Kind of a specific combination, I know... Does anyone know of more specific logs I might be able to look at that would reveal more information about network connections? The log I linked to above really doesn't offer much detail apart from "ERROR".
Have you tried an android nightly build (wiki)? It will install along side the OUYA store version, so it won't touch any of your existing settings, so you can have both installed at the same time and see which one works better.
I'll try that and report back, thanks! If it doesn't end up working, is there any more information that I can dig up that would be helpful in diagnosing the issue?
It happens to me , on OpenELEC / Windows share connection. OUYA as well.

It's not down to XBMC though. It usually problem with network connection especially on different OS. Tried many solutions but can only lessen but not totally fixed. Still has to resetting server / router once in a while though.
The nightly build seems to have the same issue. I just tried accessing an SMB share from my Mac, and it only was able to connect after I reset the wifi on my Mac. I changed my Mac's IP on the network and adjusted the IP's on XBMC to match the new IP but that did not seem to do anything either.

The wifi always has to be reset every time I want to connect. I'm sure the problem could be with my network, but I wouldn't have a clue as to what to look for. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya only connects AFTER resetting wifi on Mac (NFS)0