Android Midnight XBMC Smart TV Streaming Box frame rate problems.
Hi folks,

After visiting a friend recently and seeing his XBMC home set up, i decided to buy an 'Android Midnight XBMC Smart TV Streaming Box'. Much to my dismay, I have found that the frame rate of files has been disgustingly poor, I have a 2TB seagate hard drive with files I watch on it, when plugging it in and playing the film just plays really slowly.

I have looked on forums and what not, everyone says its an audio problem based around frodo. But all the things i've read to do are either a bit too advanced for me or not viable. For example, i've seen plenty of screenshots of the audio page and the way you should set it out but I don't have some of the options. I am plugged in via the 3 coloured cables that came with the box and the first option on the audio output is system config, there is no selection to chose what type or anything.

Any help would be hugely appreciated! I read reviews that the Android version was pretty good, but I have to admit I'm regretting not getting a raspberry or something simpler. I can't even get sports to stream currently.

cheers,

Alex
I assume your box has the amlogic single core chipset and XBMC is using hardware decoding ? The pivot version is working perfect, except that it doesn't play ISO's yet. I assume your XBMC is using hw decoding, if not, than this will most likely be the problem.
I you are using hw decoding and still having framerate problems, I understand that you are using cvbs and no hdmi output? I had a similar problem using Netflix. but changing the the cvbs output to 576i instead of 576p solved the problem. I guess it has to do with interlaced vs non-interlaced.
Hi Franklee, unfortunately I have no idea what you're talking about haha. Basically, I bought the android unit on amazon with promise of it being fully loaded with xbmc etc...they're correct, but when I got to play ANY video file from my hard drive it just doesn't play ball. Its infuriating as that was the main reason I bought the box in the first place.

Unfortunately i'm a bit of a technophobe and it sounds like im well out of my depth.
Do you have a link to the product?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Midnight XBMC Smart TV Streaming Box frame rate problems.0