Can Two Same Folders Coexist In Windows 7
Hello

I have a issue and hope users can share there points. I am running win 7, frodo 12.

I wanted two movie folders with the same naming to coexist in win 7, Is this possible ?

What I mean is

Goldfinger (1964).Blu-Ray Disc.mkv
Goldfinger (1964).Blu-Ray Disc.mp4

I know I can add both files in one folder because of the file format and xbmc will let me choose what file to play but the reason I wanted to make two folders is because of fanart etc... And one is 720p another is 1080p.

So in my hdd I would have

Goldfinger (1964)
Goldfinger (1964)

Is this possible in win 7 ?

Thank you
yes...they dont have the same extension so windows doesnt consider them to be the same file. To fix your issue, simply add 720p or 1080p to the file name and you can have art for each all in the same folder since artwork take the same name as the video file.

see what i did for avatar http://pbrd.co/1aLAqqb

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
You can't have 2 directories of the same name.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You're going to have to name them slightly differently from each other if both are to reside in the same parent folder. Off the top of my head, not sure what the implications may be as far as having them both scanned into the library and presented correctly, but you can play around with this to see out it turns out.
No, you can't have two identical named folders in Windows. Try.

But you could name the folders:
Goldfinger (1964) 720p
Goldfinger (1964) 1080p

That might work. I think the suffix shouldn't cause XBMC an issue. You can always remove them from the library if it fails.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Just delete the 720p version, you'll never choose it over 1080p surely?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK, I just tried the following:

/Movies/Goldfinger/Goldfinger (1964).mkv
/Movies/Goldfinger (1964)/Goldfinger (1964).mp4

Note the folder names are slightly different so they can both reside in the same Movies parent folder. Both files scanned into the library and there are two entries for "Goldfinger" when I list my movies by title. Each points to the respective physical file.

If you don't like seeing two "Goldfinger" titles listed, you can enable "Group movies into sets" and it will place them within the "James Bond Collection" set automatically (and, presumably any other James Bond movies you may have in your library). If you just want a set named "Goldfinger" with just those two movies in it, you can create an nfo file with <set>Goldfinger</set> defined in it. Place a copy of this nfo file in each of the two Goldfinger movie folders. After scanning them into your library, you should see a single "Goldfinger" item when you list your movie titles. Click on that set name and you'll see entries for the two movie files.
For sure 1080p over the 720p. From what I researched two files with same naming can coexist together if the ext is different as my is mkv and mp4.

A side Q does xbmc gotham play 3D or 4K files ? Have several in those formats.

Thank you
(2013-11-09, 23:33)saitoh183 Wrote: yes...they dont have the same extension so windows doesnt consider them to be the same file. To fix your issue, simply add 720p or 1080p to the file name and you can have art for each all in the same folder since artwork take the same name as the video file.

see what i did for avatar http://pbrd.co/1aLAqqb

i think my solution is the simplest one if you dont mind renaming your files

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-11-10, 00:11)artrafael Wrote: OK, I just tried the following:

/Movies/Goldfinger/Goldfinger (1964).mkv
/Movies/Goldfinger (1964)/Goldfinger (1964).mp4

Note the folder names are slightly different so they can both reside in the same Movies parent folder. Both files scanned into the library and there are two entries for "Goldfinger" when I list my movies by title. Each points to the respective physical file.

If you don't like seeing two "Goldfinger" titles listed, you can enable "Group movies into sets" and it will place them within the "James Bond Collection" set automatically (and, presumably any other James Bond movies you may have in your library). If you just want a set named "Goldfinger" with just those two movies in it, you can create an nfo file with <set>Goldfinger</set> defined in it. Place a copy of this nfo file in each of the two Goldfinger movie folders. After scanning them into your library, you should see a single "Goldfinger" item when you list your movie titles. Click on that set name and you'll see entries for the two movie files.

I'll try this too.. Thanks
(2013-11-10, 00:13)MS413 Wrote: For sure 1080p over the 720p. From what I researched two files with same naming can coexist together if the ext is different as my is mkv and mp4.

A side Q does xbmc gotham play 3D or 4K files ? Have several in those formats.

Thank you

Xbmc will play sbs and tab 3d movies. It will not play mvc 3d movies. It will also play 4k but that will depend very much on your hardware's abilities.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Two Same Folders Coexist In Windows 70