XBMC Identifies TV Shows But Not All Details?
All,

Hoping you can help with this one as it seems an easy fix yet I can't figure it out. I'm currently using Sab and Sickbeard, using the Sickbeard's renaming function, all of which works perfectly. When I go into XBMC, it is all picked up, it gives me a banner and identifies the TV show no problem, yet all the fan art, bar that which Sickbeard downloads, is missing. I can resolve this by going into the 'TV Show Information' and manually selecting the show through there, it will then download all the relevant fan art.

What I cannot understand is why XBMC picks up the correct show no problem, and yet I still have to go into tv show information for it to be "fully" picked up, if that makes sense? Any idea why it wouldn't do this in the first place if it is recognising and seeing the show?

* I'm using the latest XBMC
* TVDB is the scraper
* SickBeard is renaming and the 'Metadata Type' set to XBMC with all boxes ticked

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
(2013-11-10, 20:52)Scotteh Wrote: All,

Hoping you can help with this one as it seems an easy fix yet I can't figure it out. I'm currently using Sab and Sickbeard, using the Sickbeard's renaming function, all of which works perfectly. When I go into XBMC, it is all picked up, it gives me a banner and identifies the TV show no problem, yet all the fan art, bar that which Sickbeard downloads, is missing. I can resolve this by going into the 'TV Show Information' and manually selecting the show through there, it will then download all the relevant fan art.

What I cannot understand is why XBMC picks up the correct show no problem, and yet I still have to go into tv show information for it to be "fully" picked up, if that makes sense? Any idea why it wouldn't do this in the first place if it is recognising and seeing the show?

* I'm using the latest XBMC
* TVDB is the scraper
* SickBeard is renaming and downloading with Metadata Type set to XBMC with all boxes ticked

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Its because sickbeard creates a very basic tvshow.nfo and episode.nfo... xbmc scrapes that info; which doesn't have all the items featured in xbmc's scrapers...
Try deleting all nfo's and disable the option in sickbeard to create nfos... let xbmc handle all data.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks Lunatixz, I'll give that a whirl and see what it comes up with!
Hmmm no luck, I've added a new show, no NFO files, just the episodes named correctly. XBMC recognises some shows, but not all, and even the ones it does recognise it is again, not showing all the info.

I need to manually refresh the information and go through the selection process for it to be fully picked up again.

Just to add, after removing the nfo files that SickBeard creates I get the following in the log file now:

ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode **LOCATION**.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

If SickBeard is not creating the nfo file for XBMC, as suggested, what else should I be using?

The shows are also named as they are on the TVDB, Top Gear for example is named Top Gear and my folder structure is:

Top Gear
------> Season 20
----------------> Top Gear - 20x01.mkv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Identifies TV Shows But Not All Details?0