Error: Refreshing/Updating Smart Playlist
I've created several smart playlists for my movie library (e.g. Kids, Action, Comedy, etc) and then put the playlists on my homescreen. I've since added some new movies to my library, but they don't show up on my smart playlists.

I'd tried to refresh the playlist but kept getting error. I'd even tried to update library upon start up, and cleaned library but the new movies still didn't show up on the playlists.

I am running Frodo with Aeon Nox on Win7.

Greatly appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks
I've created several smart playlists for my movie library (e.g. Kids, Action, Comedy, etc) and then put the playlists on my homescreen. I've since added some new movies to my library, but they don't show up on my smart playlists.

I'd tried to refresh the playlist but kept getting error. I'd even tried to update library upon start up, and cleaned library but the new movies still didn't show up on the playlists.

I am running Frodo with Aeon Nox on Win7.

Greatly appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks
What parameter(s) are you using in your smart playlists to filter your library content? And you've verified the new movies are indeed in your library (Videos > Library > Movies > Titles)?
I created the following folders for each of my movie categories/playlists

C:\Kids
C:\Action
C:\Horror
etc.

I set the C:\ drive as my movies library.

I then created playlists using the parameter 'Path begins with"

So for my "Kids" playlist, I set "Path begins with"=Kids

Within each category folder, I have a separate folder for each movie.

E.g

C:\Kids\Cars
C:\Kids\Kung Fu Panda
etc.
What about verifying the new movies actually are in the library (not just the files being physically located in C:\Kids, etc.)?

Have you also tried launching the playlist directly via Videos > Files > Playlists (rather than with your home page shortcuts) to see if the new movies show up in the playlist that way?
Yes, the movies are in the library.

When I go Videos > Files, then I see the new movies

However, when I go Videos > Playlist, then I don't see the new movies

But still, I don't understand why when I right click on the playlists and try to do an update, I get an error.

It simply does not allow me to update/refresh the playlist
You shouldn't have to refresh/update your smart playlist to pick up the new movies. As long as the new items are in the library and they meet the criteron/criteria defined in the smart playlist, they should appear automatically in that smart playlist when launched.

Can you post the contents of one of your smart playlist (*.xsp) files here? It should be located in the userdata (wiki)/playlists/video directory.

Also, upload a copy of your debug log (wiki) to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here. The log needs to show you launching the smart playlist.
Ok, I'll try.

I am using Aeon skin btw, not sure if that makes a difference.
(2013-11-10, 23:17)smokarz Wrote: Yes, the movies are in the library.

But still, I don't understand why when I right click on the playlists and try to do an update, I get an error.

Videos -> Files will show everything you've added, regardless of whether or not they are actually in the library. You want Videos -> Movies, or better yet, just "Movies" from the main menu. Anything that is in there has been scraped into the library. If they are not in there, they can't show up in smart playlists.
(2013-11-11, 01:39)Vaikin Wrote:
(2013-11-10, 23:17)smokarz Wrote: Yes, the movies are in the library.

Videos -> Files will show everything you've added, regardless of whether or not they are actually in the library. You want Videos -> Movies, or better yet, just "Movies" from the main menu. Anything that is in there has been scraped into the library. If they are not in there, they can't show up in smart playlists.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Simply looking under "Movies", I don't see any of the new movies I've added.

How do I fix it?
(2013-11-11, 02:15)smokarz Wrote: How do I fix it?

Start by providing the items requested in post #7 above.
What is your smartlist condition? Use a condition like Path 'contains'.
Threads merged.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error: Refreshing/Updating Smart Playlist0