Keeping Them Honest: Only Buy Android TV Devices from XBMC Sponsors
It seems to me like so many people within the community keep getting screwed by all these independent cheaply manufactured Chinese brands. It's my understanding that the XBMC Foundation can't really push a specific device publicly, but I think that as members of the community we should take a stand together and discourage the use of devices other than the Pivos XIOS DS and the OUYA, which are both pretty much the only responsible and legitimate manufacturers of XBMC-compatible Android TV devices which I've seen. It makes no sense that someone would buy a Little Black Box or even a G-Box Midnight, which are both more expensive than the OUYA and work nowhere near as smoothly.
Rediculous...
VidOn.me is a sponsor of XBMC, and I wouldn't be caught dead buying one of their crappy boxes. Sponsorship is a nice way to give back, but it's not a practical way to measure quality. The XBMC Foundation wants XBMC to work on lots of different devices, not just ones that give us donations.

User reviews and research is the best way to get a quality product.
I definitely won't argue with that. In my personal experience, aside from a slight problem with a poor wireless antenna the OUYA is the best performer in the Android market, while it seems like the Pivos XIOS DS has the best support from Team-XBMC. That's all I was getting at, keep up the delightful work guys!
(2013-11-11, 07:38)Ned Scott Wrote: VidOn.me is a sponsor of XBMC, and I wouldn't be caught dead buying one of their crappy boxes. Sponsorship is a nice way to give back, but it's not a practical way to measure quality. The XBMC Foundation wants XBMC to work on lots of different devices, not just ones that give us donations.

I was just looking at them and liked what I saw - any experience as to why they are so bad (considering they do not ship yet!)
We have not seen their new systems yet, Ned is talking about the old ones.
Can wait to see review!
Anyone here pre ordered?
Any update on shipping? ....should be any day now
Decided to get a cubietruck in the mean time, support for that ought to be doable, too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keeping Them Honest: Only Buy Android TV Devices from XBMC Sponsors0