Mk802 iv stuttering with Xbmc ouya vers also static on dd files
I took the ouya free Xbmc version that people said works well on the android sticks. I had it on a cx919 worked fine but then I got this mk802 iv for so emetine and the same Xbmc has the issues with HD were it stutter and plays like it's missing frames.

Bit I see others in here with the same rockchip running Xbmc with libatagefright just fine. What am I doing wrong?

Also I notice any show I have with Dolby digital or dts gives an awful static noise. Thanks
awful static noise? Sounds like passthrough options are enabled when they should be disabled: XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output -> disable the various "... capable receiver" options.

That might also help with the video stuttering, but I'm not sure. I've heard that some rockchips-based devices need a FW update to fix some HD video issues, but as far the details on how to do that, I'm nor really sure on that either :\
So these don't support DD or dts? Only stereo?
They do support DD and DTS. Passthrough is telling XBMC to not process the audio and instead pass the raw signal on to an audio receiver that is DD/DTS/AC3/etc capable. The idea being that if your receiver has a really good DAC, you might want to use it rather than software decoding, plus preserving the data in a digital format for as long as possible, etc.
So what do I change in Xbmc to process dd and dts
XBMC processes it in software. You only use passthrough if you have an audio receiver that can handle those formats. If you hear the noise then you probably don't have a receiver that can handle the raw formats.
It works on my Apple TV and Apple TV 2
Something is wrong when people recommend OUYA version for those MK / RK chipset. While it's not actually hw specific version, it is different chipset. It would be better to use build from XBMC website or Product website.
How else do you get the hardware acceleration on the rockchip?
(2013-11-17, 19:52)ilovemymac Wrote: How else do you get the hardware acceleration on the rockchip?

Using Rockchip H/W whitelist version? I believe Koying is working on it and there might be some test-build available already.

Or better ask your hw company to provide working one. OUYA is Tegra3 based so anything rockchip related is purely coincidence.
I didn't know rockchip provided one. And where do you get the whitelist version for rockchip
I don't have rockchip device. You better ask Koying, he stated few times he's working on it.
I don't either but I get lots of requests for them. I have an Apple TV 2 and atv1 running open elec.
There was a big fix in libstagefright committed recently. You better try nightly build started Nov16 to see if it plays better with libstagefright on your device. For me it was best build to date playback wise. But being gotham , some add-ons won't work though.
Tried the nightly and it crashed the stick. The only one I got working with hardware acceleration was the ouya free version. I hope that the guy working on a rockchip version will get back to me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mk802 iv stuttering with Xbmc ouya vers also static on dd files0