spoiler/score block addon?
I use XBMC to watch NFL games, and annoyingly most if not all broadcasts have this horrible feature of telling me the results of other games that are happening or completed. This of course spoils them. Mostly I force myself to ignore it, but every now and again my eyes flick to that moving part of the screen.

They are however fairly consistent with the placement of the score ticker, so I was thinking an overlay to block that part of the video would work well - the DVR control overlay pretty much does this. Anyone got any idea on how hard this would be to do?
OK, so no real need for an addon as such, you can do it with skin modification. I got most of the info needed from this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=21337&page=4

In VideoFullScreen.xml in the <controls> section (you add it at the top there if you want);

Code:
<control>
            <description>score ticker block overlay</description>
            <type>image</type>
            <id>2</id>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>70r</posy>
            <width>1300</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <texture>scoreblock.png</texture>
            <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(logo)</visible>
        <animation effect="fade" time="500">WindowOpen</animation>
        <animation effect="fade" time="500">VisibleChange</animation>
</control>

scoreblock.png is simply a 90% opacity square, put that in you skin media folder, eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\media
You could use the inbuilt confluence skin images, eg. black-back.png but the opacity is too see-through for my liking.

To toggle it on and off you need to edit C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml and modify one of your unused keys eg.
Code:
<five>Skin.ToggleSetting(logo)</five>

Obviously every TV channel puts scores in a different place, the above is for CBS who have the most annoying (to me) animations/colours (posy and height set the blackout positioning)

I'd like to add more, but not sure if possible yet;
- ability to move the bar up and down depending on where scores are
- blur rather than black out, but might be beyond XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
spoiler/score block addon?0