• 3(current)
[Suggestions] Ace 2
On the vertical menu could you increase the animation as you scroll down so that the currently selected tile slide out of the stack to the right slightly or has a zoom effect. I really like the movement on the LG WebOS TV's where their cards move up as you hover over them. that interface is like the vertical menu laying on the horizontal with tall thin tiles.

Dave
Please include the option to display full MPAA ratings. Please see this thread below:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180845

Otherwise your skin is just perfect!
I like a much more minimalistic pause since I prefer to ask for something to display while paused instead of having it pop up automatically. MQ5 is much better in this regard, with its option for minimal furniture. I'd probably choose to go even further to where pausing just shows a small icon in the corner (which might even vanish after a few seconds), forcing the user to ask to see more info via Enter or "i" (how this differs from turning off furniture is that it doesn't affect non-pause displays -- e.g. I want the position indicator in FF/RW). But even just getting the minimal furniture mode in Ace would be fine.

That reminds me that the "i" (media info) icon in the playback menu seems to interact strangely between the info & the icons -- the menus overlap and are hard to remove (e.g. Back exits playback instead of removing the menus).
(2014-02-01, 09:28)WayneD Wrote: I like a much more minimalistic pause since I prefer to ask for something to display while paused instead of having it pop up automatically. MQ5 is much better in this regard, with its option for minimal furniture. I'd probably choose to go even further to where pausing just shows a small icon in the corner (which might even vanish after a few seconds), forcing the user to ask to see more info via Enter or "i" (how this differs from turning off furniture is that it doesn't affect non-pause displays -- e.g. I want the position indicator in FF/RW). But even just getting the minimal furniture mode in Ace would be fine.

That reminds me that the "i" (media info) icon in the playback menu seems to interact strangely between the info & the icons -- the menus overlap and are hard to remove (e.g. Back exits playback instead of removing the menus).

Agreed. Another case is when I am watching a streaming video, the buffering percentage is often covered up or difficult to make out because of the pause furniture (and the buffering text is quite small as well).

Another request: integration of Last.fm plugin (i.e. love/ban tracks) during music playback, as suggested by @Seviliano previously here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1428559
In the movies menu a submenu you can select the 3D movies, HD movies and SD movies like playlists.
Also if you have the same movie in different qualities put all together and ask with which quality you want play
My Ace 2 Suggestion for Playing Music. When selecting a song from a list, and playing it, the music starts, but you are still in the song list. Now if you have a keyboard handy, you can hit the Tab key, to bring up the Full Screen music playing. But if you are just using a Remote, you would have to program a button to accomplish this same thing.

A solution, would be to click the Right button (on the remote) twice (since the first Right button press allows for page scrolling), to take you to the Full Screen Music player. Then to go back (you know, when the song is almost done, and you want to select something else), you could click the Left button (on the remote), again twice, (because the first time removes the Lyrics from the Full Screen view), and this would take you back to the song list.

Or some other easy way to accomplish this with the remote (maybe just toggle it with the Info 'i' button, once Music has started playing). Again, trying to be Remote friendly here.

Keep up the Awesome work, both Ace and MQ5 are Outstanding.

Damn, forgot one....

Also, never found this in Ace so perhaps a feature of Ace 2. Is there a way to toggle on an off certain Sub Menu items? So if on the Main page, and on the Movies section, the Sub Menu would list Recent, Genre, Year, Sets (and turn off Actors, Studios, Directors, Countries, etc). Please Note, I don't want to remove them completely, I would rather there be a toggle (say under Settings, Skin), to turn on or off the Sub Menu entries you don't want shown.

There could be sections for Movies, TV, Music, etc, so you could turn off all the settings you don't want (or need) shown.

Remember a clean interface, make the Wife (and kids) very happy (and less of a chance to click something wrong, or have to dig around to find what they really were looking for).
Double Damn,

Did a Google look up, and found the way to remove the Sub Menu Items, just not where I thought they should be (under Settings, Skin). Well, maybe that feature could be implemented in Ace 2 (along with an easier way to do them all together, instead of the current way to do them one at a time).
I noticed on the first post you stated the Movie and TV shows will be like MQ5 but that's the best thing about ACE I love the movie and tv show main screen layout and don't like the bland front screen on MQ5 with just the widgets. The size and font style is so much easier to read on ace when using right list view. The only thing I would like is the devilsura blu-ray etc glass boxes and colour codec icons and for the panel view in TV shows to have larger images like on mq5. Other than that it's perfect. Please don't change the main movie and tv shows to be like mq5, or at least give users an option to turn it off.
Icon for HD-DVD please. At present Ace shows the DVD icon for my HD-DVD collection.

Thanks
If you are still working on ace 2, I have a suggestion. It would be great if we could enable to always display time (clock) while watching movie, series or live tv, in bottom right corner. Just a normal digital clock display, with perhaps adjustable font size. Thanks!

Regards
I just wanted to say thank you so much for your work on Ace and Aeon.
You've done such great work and you're truly invaluable to the XBMC community. I have full faith you'll take the comments here, decide what Ace 2 actually needs and implement it.

Best of luck, and again, thanks for the effort you've put into this skin and into Aeon MQ5. Both are so good I honestly can't pick a favorite and switch between them regularly.
My suggestion would be more Android specific. I would like a menu, like the programs menu but only for the apps installed on my device! To be able to launch them from XBMC. Currently you can do that in the Confluence skin under Programs>Android Apps....but if only there was an "APPS" menu from the home screen that took you straight to the list. I would never use anything else!
2.35 (21:9) support!

You would be the first (as far as I know) skin to support it although many people are requesting it again and again.
I think alaska tried to do it but the skin seems to be dead...
Full native VideoExtras support would be great!

BTW thanks for your awesome skins!
please add this nice little script to your skin "in progress reset"

link:
https://github.com/amitkeret/script.modu...gressreset
cu
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Suggestions] Ace 23