• 4(current)
[Suggestions] Ace 2
Can the Skin/Main menu customization be extended to allow the usage of builtin functions?
Please see my posting here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1709253
Thanks
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
Another request for improved Skin/Main menu customization:
Currently there are different types of customized items available (e.g. video nodes, audio nodes, favourites, ...). The maximum number of
each type is defined by ACE and cannot be changed.
Unfortunately I run out of favourite-type items but have not used the video and audio nodes at all.
My question is:
Could you define a total (!) upper limit of customized items only and enable the user to define the type of each item separately himself?

Thanks a lot!
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
Please please add the functionality to replace main menu item with something like "Video Add Ons". The 12 items in My Menu are insufficient if you have a lot of add-ons and its painful to go into Settings sub menu and then onwards into each add-on type. This is my biggest grouse with ACE. I would have not requested this and merely gone with Aeon MQ5 but I hate horizontal menus.
Please add ability to move the widgets to the bottom. When they're at the top, they cover the faces in all of the fan art.
I would also like to suggest implementing more UPnP functions into the ACE 2 Skin. To get an example of what I am talking about, you can see the UPnP Client Skin here...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160603
(2014-06-08, 03:42)corpgator Wrote: Please add ability to move the widgets to the bottom. When they're at the top, they cover the faces in all of the fan art.

Agree. A Big Wish from me to. :-)
Question 
Hello first of all, thank you all very much for making the skins.

I have a lot of content that has no nfo files. It is so many that i cannot generate nfo files, because i tried that several times and all the content is messed up, not the content itself, but the folders where the content is in.
I have a very simple thing, it is called, fanart.jpg and folder.jpg. This works realy great with favorites. (you probably all know this)

The thing is now, with the new skins, when i try the favorites it will not show the folder.jpg and not the fanart.jpg. So this is not so nice to look at. (why it is like this, i have no idea?)

Instead everybody is telling me to use smart playlist. But i have been trying this, and it is only working when all the content is in the library and it is scraped (correctly).
As a lot of the content is unknown by the scrapers, it scrapes all the unknown content very wrong. It took me a long time to put everything back like the way it was. For instance, Music dvd `back to the 80´s`, becomes `back to the future` because of the scraper. And there are 10 dvd´s of back to the 80´s. This is not even 1% of the unknown content i have. And the favorites with the fanart.jpg and folder.jpg they work so good! As i tried to make everything library content, all my unknown content was messed up with wrong titles wrong fanart and wrond thumbs. So i had to clean it all up¨again to get it nice. I got back to AEON NOX with XBMC 12.0 and here the fanart and folder.jpg are shown correctly. Does this mean i have to stay with the old XBMC?
Confused
So my question is, can you please make something in your skin to use favorites with the folder.jpg and the fanart.jpg. Just like AEON NOX in XBMC 12,0.?? Please??

And it would also be nice that it is possible to use all the views when in a favorite, not only wide or right list...
The way I currently use XBMC, I am almost fully reliant on a mouse for all of my navigation. I love the look of Ace, and how functional it is, but I am frustrated by how certain functions of the skin are not usable with just the mouse. For example, when I'm in the main menu, if I want to access a submenu, I must either move my mouse around the menu items in a wide berth to get to the Submenu link at the bottom, or use a keyboard/remote. Also, in the Movies library, there is a "top menu" that is used for customization of the viewing style, shortcuts, sorting, etc. But there does not seem to be ANY way of accessing the top menu using the mouse. I HAVE to use a keyboard or a remote.

I think both of these problems should be solved immediately.

Unlike other skins, there does not seem to be any indication in the video library that a movie or TV episode has partially been watched. I'd like to see that added in.
Progress Panel for Smartplaylist would be aweasome
Definitely a much more ergonomic scrolling !
Let me explain, when in wall view mode with no movie case displayed and grid size normal you get 4 rows of content. That's good, because I have near 2000 thousand movies and it helps. But when I scroll, the selected windows goes to the bottom of the screen then the whole screen scrolls... So you end scrolling with no view of what's coming and you keep looking behind your actual position to get an idea of where you are. It would be much better to keep the selected window at the third row or in in the middle and scrolls the screen around that point.

Picture this when you're driving and imagine yourself with no view ahead, having to look back to get the road content...

PS: oddly, this feature already exists when using a mouse and its wheel : the selected window stays at its place and everything scrolls around it, but not in keyboard mode or with a remote.
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but a 3rd or 4th My Menu option would be great.
(2013-11-26, 13:46)protocol77 Wrote: changeable watched icons (ticks on items that have been watched)

This! Something like MQ5 has. At the moment the watched icon is the only thing I don't like about the Ace theme. I have created my own texture for it and loaded that.
I would love the progress bar (when watching video) to show the cached amount in front of it. Like Confluence does. I stream a lot of content now and it is very nice to see the buffer amount. Smile.
First of all really nice skin really love the amount of customization that can be done and would love to see this too..I had this on Aeon Nox..

When cursor moves to a custom node on the main menu users have the option to choose wallpaper options like wallpaper of recently added Movies, TV shows, Music rather than few static wallpapers. So everytime the custom node folder gets new movie/music Kodi gets the wallpaper and updates background of the node.
channel list like Enigma2 would be great Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Suggestions] Ace 23