Display external subtitles during DVD playback.
Question 
hello,

first of all, hudge thanks for the xbmc team for their great job. Smile

i post my feature suggestion here instead of sourceforge, because it did not find here or with searching in manuals and changelogs if current xbmc is already supposed to be able to do this. so, sorry if it's already supposed to work. Confusedaint:

like you should have guess with the topic title, i think that it should be great to be able to display external subtitles during dvd playback. (something like with this pc program for exemple : http://www.darkwet.net/dvdsubber/about.asp) i think that lot's of all have already bought a dvd without subtitles for his native langage, and would really appreciate to be able to use external subs (like .srt and others) made by fans and downloadable on the web... (currently, if you choose an srt subtitle during dvd playback, you will come back to the very begining of the dvd like if you have just put it into your drive)

one more time, thanks again for this beautifull and very usefull dashboard and media center. :bowdown:
Thumbs Up 
it would be very useful to have this feature
i've have a lot of dvd-video without my lang/english subtitles inside
personally this is the most important problem of the xbmc
i hope that you will fix this... :kickass:
also useful would be to load external audio stream from hd with dvd-video,but there is a lot of time for doing this... :kickass:
at the moment, waiting for ext. sub for dvd-video... Confusedaint:

ps
i want to say thank you to all guys that are involved in the xbmc project
than you very,very,very much!!    :bowdown:
yes, it will be awesome this feature.

anyone knows any external aplication to xbox that should do that?

maybe starting to play the dvd from the vob files (accesing with the explorer), and then choosing the subtitles ...

(tirapalla @ mar. 20 2006,17:04 Wrote:maybe starting to play the dvd from the vob files (accesing with the explorer), and then choosing the subtitles ...
it's already possible to load external sub. with vob. files
you have to play vob per vob with the mplayer
but with some dvd when playing the other vob (vob_02, vob_03,ecc.) the seek-bar give "timing-error"
it means that you can't go fw or bw with seek bar
i hope that in the future will be possible to load external sub. with the dvd-player (menu support ) :kickass:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display external subtitles during DVD playback.0