My Windows Laptop fan runs loud only in movie gallery mode
I have a 2nd generation i3 laptop that runs XBMC perfectly. My only issue is that when I'm in the gallery mode when flipping through my movies, my fan runs loud. Is there any setting within xbmc to keep my cpu usage from increasing so much in gallery mode. When I play a 1080p movie the fan doesnt even run that loud. I'm wondering it its because I have a lot of movies that it needs to load them all up in gallery. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the forum and couldnt find any similar issues. Thanks!
Which version of XBMC are you running and on what version of Windows?

Many improvements to CPU usage in the main menu have been made in the last year.
My system currently runs under 10% CPU when browsing the skin - this used to be nearly 80% a year ago.

Moved thread to Windows forum
Maybe u installed a skin which disabled dirtyregions... Like aeon nox 4.0.9 for example...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Running Windows 7 ultimate and xbmc frodo with latest Aeon Nox. Ill need to look into the dirty regions suggestion. I'm new to xbmc thanks for your help guys.
(2013-11-14, 18:50)bimme Wrote: Maybe u installed a skin which disabled dirtyregions... Like aeon nox 4.0.9 for example...

Awesome this worked, thank you so much for you help!
You're welcome Smile
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Windows Laptop fan runs loud only in movie gallery mode0