Netflix Unified Interface
Now this is a nice-looking interface: http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/13/50982...e-them-all

Anyone up for an XBMC port?
Too bad Chris Jaffe is hard to get a hold of. He should be able to link someone on Netflix side with their API.

The easiest answer, for now, is to load the netflix site as a web page in XBMC using the Application Launcher.
I'm only talking about the interface - it would make a hell of a skin for xbmc…
Big Grin 
That Netflix UI is basically a banner/fanart side scroller. It's geared for purchases and pointing you to the next thing to buy. XBMC is geared to show you what you've got, and let you play it without a lot of fuss.
If you like that interface (and that is all that matters in your own house), you could teach yourself to skin and code those screens up in about 3 days if you have any previous programming experience (1 if you REALLY have programing experience). Take the simplest skin, and with the skinning wiki open in a tab, start playing with values. I'm serious, just try it.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Tongue 
The Netflix UI is not for showing you things to buy, it's for showing you what you have available to watch (Netflix is an all-you-can-eat type subscription).

I know it's a pretty basic fanart scroller, but it's a nice pretty basic fanart scroller, and would work well in xbmc's library mode for TV shows and movies.

I would love to code this up myself but I have two kids under 3 and two jobs which leaves me with very little time for this kind of endeavor (I used to make Mac skins for Shapeshifter, so I know how much time this kind of thing can take).

There is a community of talented people here so I was just adding my two pence as a suggestion and hoping that someone might pick it up and run with it, my intention was not to come across as demanding that someone make the skin for me.

In any case, thanks for the advice. One day I will make a skin for xbmc, it just might not be for a while…
I am thinking of creating such a view ( 2 Rows Fanart ) for zbox ... see my signature ... will post some screens soon ...
Oh man, please do!

I've been following with great interest your progress on z-box and have been looking forward to trying it out. I currently use, and am a big fan of, the xbmc Immersive skin which is likewise based on Microsoft's “Metro” look.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, thanks!
Man... I wish I could skin. A netflix UI type of skin would be awesome. What I would really like though is to see all the different genres in library view. So different rows would show different genres of movies. I'm pretty sure that goes pass just skinning. Probably part of the xbmc core.
JIGGSAW: yep, that what I think could be nice also , to have "different rows would show different genres of movies" !
(2014-02-11, 21:44)jiggsaw Wrote: Man... I wish I could skin. A netflix UI type of skin would be awesome. What I would really like though is to see all the different genres in library view. So different rows would show different genres of movies. I'm pretty sure that goes pass just skinning. Probably part of the xbmc core.

Noone is born with the automatic ability to skin. Everyone around here had to learn at some point. Get your hands dirty.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Unified Interface0