Plug & Play HTPC or Stick PC ONLY for xbmc
Hello all ...
I have an ATV3 which can't be jailbroken yet, so looking for a very easy plug & play solution to ONLY run xbmc smoothly with no lag.
I have been searching and searching with NO solid answers.
xbmc says ouya is the best way to go, but many have said otherwise and saw some youTube videos showing the poor ability to run it at 1080.

Does anyone have a solid answer as to what to buy? I'm not looking for a project to piece it together, just something that works well with minimal effort. I'm hoping there will be a jailbreak soon for the ATV3.

Thank you so very much.
Just to be clear the ouya plays 1080P fine. Once Gotham is released it should solve most of the edge cases like M2TS containers not always playing. The big draw back right now for the Ouya is surround sound. Its not working very well as far as i know. I dont use it so it was never a big deal for me. People on YouTube are probably not running the latest xbmc nightlies. The Ouya has a large user-base and its head quarters is not a PO box in the Caribbean. And if you like Netflix, the new android apk has gamepad support, and it makes netflix on ouya really enjoyable(A lot better than windows 8). If you want a pure xbmc experience you should really just get a nuc but if you want to save a few, get a ouya or get a PI and overclock the s**t out of it.
Hey calev ... thanks a lot for your quick response!
I do only want this for xbmc and netflix and not worried about surround sound or my own content as movies or music.
Ouya, Raspberry Pi, and NUC are great options.

What I'm looking for is something very simple, maintenance free, and work pretty much out of the box to stream only content from netflix & xbmc smoothly and without lag. It seems like such a simple concept, but difficult to find.

Out of the 3 options you mention, which would you feel is the best based on my needs?
If anyone else has input, please chime in if you can.

Thanks again calev.
None of them are completely out of the box. But netflix rules out raspberry pi.
Edit:
But I don't think you would be disappointed with the Ouya .
Thanks much calev.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plug & Play HTPC or Stick PC ONLY for xbmc0