Linux Ubuntu 13.10 issues
Hello,

I am running Ubuntu 13.10 with Frodo 12.2 stable.
Frodo is showing some issues with 13.10. When saving Favorites it shows saving, but when I click the star they are not showing. If I try to save again it states already saved.
Also in the audio setup when trying to make device changes XBMC crashes.
The audio issue may be due the the issues I am having with Alsa and Pulseaudio not playing well with 13.10.
Is anyone experiencing these issues when using 13.10?

Thanks

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Update...
Huh Apparently my thread has been hijacked by a repo question Q/A. Huh
lol
Laugh

I have the proper Repo for 13.10. I received that from someone on the #xbmc-linux IRC. So that is not the issue here, but thanks.

As for the audio issues, I reinstalled Ubuntu 13.10 and I am not having the audio issues in XBMC. The audio is working fine except a couple of known issues with ALSA and Pulseaudio. I have an on going bug report on that issue on the launchpad site for Ubuntu and I am working with a couple Devs on that. No Pulseaudio issue in XBMC except the known bugs as I mentioned. And come to think of it, in previous Ubuntu versions I have not ever had any Pulseaudio or ALSA issues when using XBMC. I have always had good stereo and 5.1 surround. Its mainly a 13.10 issue. Thanks for the suggestions for Pulseaudio though. That may be some help to others.

ߜߜߜߜ
The main problem is that when saving Favorites it shows that it is saving. When I click the star they are not showing. If I try to save the same item to Favorites again it states already saved. At this point nothing is showing at all in the Favorites panel.
I did not have this issue with previous versions of Ubuntu and probably not going to downgrade at this moment for use with XBMC.
In addition, when saving to Library, nothing is saving either. I have uninstalled / purged xbmc and reinstalled twice and the same issues. No favorites shown.
ߡߡߡߡ

Thanks again

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HTPC System Info:
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ × 2
Memory: 4GiB
Graphics: GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a/integrated/SSE2
OS Type: Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit
Disk: 320 GB
DVB: AVerTVHD MCE A180
Remote: ATI Usb RF wireless remote ( Remote Wonder)
Keyboard/Mouse: Wireless
System formerly a Captiveworks 4000 ATSC Terrestrial and DVB-S Satellite HTPC (until they folded)

P.S. Where in the control panel is the section so I can add my Signature? Thanks
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ × 2
Memory: 2GiB
Graphics: GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a/integrated/SSE2
HardDrive: 320 GB
DVB: AVerTVHD MCE A180
Keyboard/Mouse: Wireless
OS Type: 14.04 64-bit Trusty
Kodi: 14.x
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
TV: Vizio 42" LCD
Computer was formerly a Captiveworks 3000 HTPC
sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio

XBMC doesn't support it
and if you are at it: libasound2-plugins have to go too

and second: make sure to use xbmc from our repositories. The version 13.10 ships is hopelessly outdated.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Short question:
Where are the repositories for version 13.10?
I'm strangely stuck with 12.0 and it's not possible to update to 12.2..... Huh
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176721
Yes, I know.
But it's not possible to install the current stable release in Ubuntu 13.10?
In the past I had sometimes troubles with unstables.... Tongue
Your having trouble with the stable (which is not that stable according to your complaint) so, all to gain, and nothing to loose. And is completely reversible.
No, I'm not the guy with the problems with Frodo 12.2.
I'm the one, who is not able to find the repositorys for the latest stable for Ubuntu 13.10. Big Grin

At last, after lots of troubles, it seems that everything is working here. Maybe it's the best to stay with 12.0... Angel
@contadino: the instructions on how to add the correct repository is right there in wsnipex's post. The Launchpad page is https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/xbmc-prestable which contains more detailed instructions on how to actually use it.
Quote:While these are test builds for a bugfix version, they are still test builds and are not yet considered stable. Proceed with caution and always backup your userdata folder!

I don't want to annoy anybody here, but this is the first sentence i read, when i look at the recommended site.
Has this changed in the meantime?
No. Except stable and bug free are not same thing.
The 12.x version of XBMC is as stable as it gets.
Also 12.3?
Does that mean, that its safe to take the snipex-repositories instead the official stable-repositories?
no, they will eat all your cookies
Yes and no, since he is the guy who pushes the build to official repos so the 12.3 pre is going to end up in stable repos when its done (so safe yes), though final builds will only likely be in offical repos so a repro switch may be needed not soon after or then again it may be not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 13.10 issues0