Hide/disable the power button on the home screen
I know that you can customize which functions are available when you click on the power button on the home screen...

What I'd like to do if possible is hide it altogether. I'm trying to make my system as user friendly (and idiot proof) as possible for my parents - and in my opinion accidentally clicking over one too many times to end up at the top of the screen on the power button instead of remaining on the menu could be confusing for them. I'd like to completely hide this button (and search - which I've already found the option for), so the direction keys will only ever remain on the menu and not shoot to the top of the screen where it could be lost.
you'll have to mod the skin yourself.
the powerbutton is coded in Home.xml, you'll find it somewhere at the bottom of the file.
remove the button control and the image control below it.

it might break navigation a bit though, not 100% sure.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Worked like a charm! Thanks a lot. Navigation appears to be unaffected.
Was going to start a new thread but this is exactly what I am trying to do, my mother in law inevitably gets stuck on the power button everytime she visits and thinks the tv is "broken". Here is a pastebin of the bottom of home.xml from the 720p folder. I highlighted the portion that I deleted, which left the screen black upon start up, still able to access shutdown menu with S key. If either Ronie or Gooner could tell me what I am doing wrong that would be greatly appreciated
Hi jonass, you need to delete from line 11 to line 36 (inclusive). You're three lines short.

Each block begins with <control and ends with </control>.

With what you're deleting you're leaving the end of the <control type="image" block.
Awesome thanks man I'll give that a shot when I get off work. I had tried that earlier and got a black screen as well but I think I deleted the second </control> as well.
Thanks gooner that worked perfect
Glad it helped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide/disable the power button on the home screen0