How do I add an add-on to favorites?
When I go to settings>add-ons, find the one I want in programs, bring up the context menu - there is no "add to favorites" option. Only two - configure and something else which I can't recall right now.
Install the add-on via the Add-ons Manager (SETTINGS > Add-ons). Return to the main menu and select ADD-ONS. Locate and highlight your add-on, open context menu and "Add to favourites".
Got it, thanks. I had tried from the main menu previously, but pressed right on Add-Ons to bring up the sub menu, then tried opening the context menu on that. I didn't realise you need to actually press Enter on Add-Ons in the menu to go to a separate screen, then bring up the context menu there.
I realise that this thread is more than 6 months old but I am coming up against the same issue.

I have installed the XBMC Catchup TV AU add-on via the addons manager as suggested above.
But when I go back to the main menu and select ADD-ONS I do not see my new add-ons there.
When I navigate from there to the new add-on, selecting the context menu still only gives me the same 2 options: CONFIGURE and ADD-ON INFORMATION

What am I missing?
I am no longer active in these forums. Replying to, or commenting on, anything I have said in these forums is a waste of your time.
Slight change in location, go to the 'TV SHOWS' button the slide-out menu on the right should reveal 'Video Add-Ons" enter, find your add-on and using the context menu should reveal 'Add to Favourites'
Thank you good sir! All fixed and working now. I'm a happy little cave man!!! Big Grin
I am no longer active in these forums. Replying to, or commenting on, anything I have said in these forums is a waste of your time.
Hi I know this thread is old but it's the only one I've found with the problem I'm having.im using a fire stick,Lodi is engaged 15.1 and aeon box skin.ive made a section in the home screen called favourites were I put favourite add ons,I have already placed 10 in there by going onto add on bringing up menu via menu button or c and in the list of options add to favourites but all I get now is add on information or configure.Am I stupidly forgetting how I did it or is something wrong please help guys it's driving me insane.cheers.
You're bringing up the context menu in the wrong place.

That was the same thing that was happening to me. I can't exactly remember how to do it now, but just from reading back in the thread - you need to open the main add-ons window, rather than try and bring up the context menu on the add-ons listed in the menu. Open up a separate screen where it's just the icons of the add-ons and the context menu displays different menu options in there. Good luck!
My goodness this is so difficult to find in v17/v18 that I suspect it's old code that was meant to be removed.

In Estuary:
  • Click 'Add-ons'
  • Click on 'My add-ons'
  • Find the installed add-on, open the context menu, and click 'Add to favourites'
Basically, the 'add to favourites' only shows up when you see a text list of add-ons, not when you see an icon list.

Now, how can I add Android Apps to favourites? They are listed under Add-ons by obviously not under 'My add-ons'. Is there an add-on to help with this?

Update: workaround is to switch to another skin, add your favorites, and then switch back to estuary.
To get to aandroid apps , programs then select the blank bar at the top. Them you can add em to favs in the usual way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I add an add-on to favorites?0