XBMC iOS compile - Error during environment prepare...
Hi,

I'm trying to compile xbmc for iOS devices. The "make" process of tools/depends was canceled showing the following error:

Code:
File "/Users/sascha/Development/xbmc/tools/depends/native/distribute-native/x86_64-darwin13.0.0-native/setuptools/command/b  dist_egg.py", line 536, in make_zipfile
    z = zipfile.ZipFile(zip_filename, mode, compression=compression)
  File "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib/python2.6/zipfile.py", line 663, in __init__
    "Compression requires the (missing) zlib module"
RuntimeError: Compression requires the (missing) zlib module
make[2]: *** [.installed-x86_64-darwin13.0.0-native] Error 1
make[1]: *** [distribute-native] Error 2
make: *** [native/.installed-x86_64-darwin13.0.0-native] Error 2

The zlib modules seems to be missing, but I cannot figure out how to provide this module. Perhaps someone has a hint for me to fix this problem.

I'm running OS X 10.9 with the latest XCode..

Thanks in advance
Sascha
I forgot to say that I'm using a git-checkout as source...
which sdk ??
(2013-11-14, 16:57)davilla Wrote: which sdk ??

Hi Davilla,

I'm experiencing the same issue using sdk 7.0. This is the only SDK available on Mavericks (with Xcode 5).

I think this is the module that it cannot locate, right?
Code:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.0.sdk/usr/lib/libz.1.2.5.dylib

Note to other xcode 5/Mavericks users. Make sure you run "xcode-select --install" to install the command line tools.

Update
It worked, but bad thing is I don't know why it suddenly worked... The sure thing is that there are no changes needed to the conf files for Mavericks.
I tried a lot of configure parameters, but in the end it worked with normal "./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin" and "make -j2" (2 cores).
The only thing I was playing around with was my homebrew installation. I upgraded brew, updated all the packages, installed python, installed libz, did "brew link libz" and "brew unlink libz", made sure all warnings or errors where fixed with "brew doctor".
Note that non of these homebrew things is probably necessary.

"/Developer/iphoneentitlements401/gen_entitlements.py: No such file or directory"
You can solve this by going to the Build Phases tab in Xcode for the ios target and remove the line under code sign.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
I'm trying to compile xbmc, and I'm also seeing that the "make" process of tools/depends fails with the same error. "xcode-select --install" fails saying it cant locate the files on the server.

are there any tweaks to the build system in /tools/depends/ I can do to fix the error?
comment it out in tools/darwin/Support/Codesign.something

wait - which error are you refering to?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This error
Code:
creating 'dist/distribute-0.6.21-py2.6.egg' and adding 'build/bdist.macosx-10.4-x86_64/egg' to it
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 211, in <module>
    scripts = scripts,
  File "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib/python2.6/distutils/core.py", line 152, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
  File "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py", line 975, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
  File "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py", line 995, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "/Users/garrett/Documents/xbmc/tools/depends/native/distribute-native/x86_64-darwin13.1.0-native/setuptools/command/install.py", line 73, in run
    self.do_egg_install()
  File "/Users/garrett/Documents/xbmc/tools/depends/native/distribute-native/x86_64-darwin13.1.0-native/setuptools/command/install.py", line 93, in do_egg_install
    self.run_command('bdist_egg')
  File "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib/python2.6/distutils/cmd.py", line 333, in run_command
    self.distribution.run_command(command)
  File "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py", line 995, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "/Users/garrett/Documents/xbmc/tools/depends/native/distribute-native/x86_64-darwin13.1.0-native/setuptools/command/bdist_egg.py", line 241, in run
    dry_run=self.dry_run, mode=self.gen_header())
  File "/Users/garrett/Documents/xbmc/tools/depends/native/distribute-native/x86_64-darwin13.1.0-native/setuptools/command/bdist_egg.py", line 536, in make_zipfile
    z = zipfile.ZipFile(zip_filename, mode, compression=compression)
  File "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib/python2.6/zipfile.py", line 663, in __init__
RuntimeError: Compression requires the (missing) zlib module
make[2]: *** [.installed-x86_64-darwin13.1.0-native] Error 1
make[1]: *** [distribute-native] Error 2
make: *** [native/.installed-x86_64-darwin13.1.0-native] Error 2
and just like tripkip, the probably magically vanished. depends build now. I only did a make clean in /tools/depends/, so that must have fixed things somehow.
@davilla i think there is a dependency missing in tools/depends/native/Makefile

Not quiet sure which package was failing here but i guess:

something like:

python26-native: zlib-native

Maybe? (just guessing)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
sure, makes sense with what garbear is seeing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC iOS compile - Error during environment prepare...0